1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You went there first. There are no lumps to take. They miss what they got from Brown last season. The offense has struggled all season. The assumption would be to claim that he would have done the same this season.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    No problem with me. Just wasn't sure if you realized it or not. It's made me think of someone who isn't technologically adept but for you that's definitely not the case haha.

3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Its all good 5D (How's that? smile).

Now let's get onto bigger fish to fry my friend....Tonight's Game. Go Steelers!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid (Gotta' keep this as is. Signature Trademark.)

4. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    He may be a gentleman but we won't hold that against him (much).

5. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I’d rather go 0-fer than have have that nut job piece of trash Brown on our team.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What? I wasn't rude about it, just making sure they knew.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry

Game left me grumpy.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's fine. All I'm saying is that the notion that they are doing fine without him simply doesn't hold up. The offense is a mess and not having Brown is definitely one reason for that.

9. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    wonder who calls him the East Side Kid?
    but we don't miss AB's off the field behavior:

Agitated, angry AB goes live on IG with cops at his

house

By Hunter Homistek
    Posted on December 14, 2019

Antonio Brown went live on Instagram Saturday, and the result wasn't pretty.

I captured the video, which shows Browns arguing with cops about a female, in full right here:

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/...o-brown-police-cops-instagram-live-stream-hh/

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone living along the precarious California coastline would qualify until, of course, Samuel Andreas cuts loose through no fault of his own, then he'd just be "Hey Kid!". :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There is nothing more that LevBell wants to to do than run for 200 yards and knock the Steelers out of the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Won't matter what he wants to do if the o line is getting owned by our D like it should

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Fair enough.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Having Brown this year would have been a dumpster fire.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You have two major pieces of information that did not exist when he was traded. One is the the accusations of sexual misconduct. Those are why he is no longer with the Patriots. The second is the loss of Roethlisberger. As much as Brown has attacked Roethlisberger on social media, he would have hated playing for the Steelers without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    so what are everyone's predictions on how Bell will do against us this Sunday?

17. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    He'll drop a bowling ball on his toe thursday night and miss the game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    'We love Le’Veon': Steelers have no hard feelings toward former teammate

GERRY DULAC
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    DEC 18, 2019

The Steelers get to see something first-hand on Sunday they haven’t seen in two years — Le’Veon Bell on the football field.

They face their former teammate for the first time since they let him go and he signed in free agency with the New York Jets. And both Steelers captains say they harbor no ill feelings toward Bell.

“I’m telling you — we love Le’Veon,” center Maurkice Pouncey said. “The outside world can think whatever they want, but everyone in this locker room loves and respects him. If he was still here, we’d be riding with him.”

“He was a great teammate when he was here,” defensive end Cam Heyward said. “I never had any ill will with him. He came to work, you knew what you were getting on Sunday. I think he cared about what he put on the field. He cared about his teammates.”

Bell sat out all of the 2018 season when the Steelers put a $14.5 million franchise tag on him for the second year in a row. In 2017, he sat out all of training camp and reported to the team before the start of the regular season.

Tired of his ongoing problems, the Steelers declined to use a franchise or transition tag on him in February, allowing him to become a free agent. He then signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract — smaller than the Steelers’ original offer — with the Jets.

“This is a brotherhood,” said Pouncey, who texted with Bell last month after the Myles Garrett incident. “I know the outside world don’t get it. At the end of the day, we let the outside world think whatever they want. We always want the best for each other as players and in our careers and things like that.

“I have the utmost respect for him. He did it his way and rightfully so. What’s wrong with that? He made the right decision for himself.”

Bell is having the worst of his six NFL seasons with the Jets. In 13 games, he has 676 yards rushing and three touchdowns and has caught 57 passes for 404 yards and one touchdown.

In five years with the Steelers, he averaged 1,067 yards rushing, 532 yards receiving and more than eight touchdowns per season.

“I like Le’Veon, I love that dude,” Heyward said. “Even though he’s on a different team, when we play football, we try to get after him. We appreciate what he’s done here, but he’s going to be going against us, too. Don’t expect him to be going light. He’s going to be trying to get some payback.”

Asked what he will say to Bell when he tackles him, Heyward said, “That’s one, get ready for number two.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...ew-york-jets-leveon-bell/stories/201912180126

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He will show us that we let an overpriced RB setting the market not pull one over on us. Gase will hardly include him in the game plan. 15 carries, 30-40 yards. TJ makes him cough up the football.

20. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    Between Le’Veon Bell & James Conner, so little has changed: ’Still a good friend’

By Jacob Klinger | jklinger@pennlive.com

PITTSBURGH — James Conner didn’t manage the Steelers’ salary cap last year.

But he did get taken in by Le’Veon Bell as a rookie. The former Pittsburgh star running back shared his practice and recovery habits and generally helped Conner into life in the NFL.

When Bell began to miss regular season time with the team last year while declining to sign the franchise tag, and his offensive line teammates tore into him publicly, Conner did not. “Le’Veon’s a good person,” he said at the time.

Fifteen months later, Bell has no relationship with Mike Tomlin. His teammates tiptoed around the idea of any lingering tension between themselves and Bell, who’s absence did leave a $14.5 million salary cap hit on the team that missed the playoffs by a game. But who Bell is to Conner remains the same, even ahead of Sunday’s 1 p.m. kickoff with Bell and the New York Jets.

“Really nothing’s changed. Still the homie, keep in touch every once in a while, not every day, you know, not my best friend but still a good friend," Conner said. "Good ball player, yeah.”

As each tries to put better finishes on frustrating seasons, they haven’t talked this week.

Bell is set for a career low in rushing yards for a full season. Conner’s missed five games across two stints on the sideline with the same shoulder injury.

Unlike other Steelers, Conner hasn’t wondered about Bell’s money or last year’s contract negotiations and their effect on his team.

That wasn’t his job, he said. And on Sunday, he’ll be reconnecting with a friend.

“Yeah I don’t feel no way about it. I didn’t have nothing to do with it, to be honest," Conner said. "So, excited to go versus him, but other than that that’s about it.”

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2...o-little-has-changed-still-a-good-friend.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    He won't ever be in one of those "Where Are They Now?" videos because he will keep us all up to date on his mental deterioration.

He cray.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It will be interesting to see if AB can move on with his life's work after football. Needs a mentor that he respects, a friend like Dan Rooney was to him.

23. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Life's work...drastically different depending on the person. I can't see AB's life's work moving beyond a 6x6 cell.

24. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He said he expects to get booed by Steeler fans they’re playing in New York he’s obviously a genius

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Steeler fans will be there.