1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LB Cushing to be released - don't even start

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Feb 19, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No way in hell was/is he better right now than VW and when Shazier was playing they were far better than when we had LT in there. You have to Fort and Spence out of this cause LT wasn't coming back here to be a back up and he is not a starter in our system.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Cushing should open JAMBA JUICE ...That dude is juiced 24/7

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If they s
    If they signed Timmons he won't be on the field on third down.

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Couldn't disagree more. LT is better in every way than Vince Williams. And Vince Williams is awful in coverage. If LT played until he was 50 he could cover better than Vince.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Then who? Seriously who? :shrug:

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Go back and watch LT's last game with us and you will see different. I know it will be hard as most of the time LT wasn't even in the picture when they showed the guy he was covering........ VW took a big step backwards when Shazier went down, but who didn't? VW was having a good season before that I knoiw cause I was a guy who said VW wasn't good enough to be a starter, Blast kept reminding me I said this all season.

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    LT made a lot of plays down the stretch in 16. No one looked good in that AFCC game. I think LT had one of his better years in 16. He's never been a first team All Pro type of guy. Just a solid starter. My point is he won't be expensive and he's better than anything we currently have. Even if Timmons were to come back I would still draft a Lb early. But we need someone as a stopgap until we get a prospect ready.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    LT has always been solid but we are not talking about his tackling we are talking about pass coverage which he don't have. He didn't have that at all in 2016 and that is the direction the NFL is going and the direction our LB's are going. Yeah LT is most defiantly better than what we have but should that be our goal is to get someone that is better or get someone who is good? As for drafting guys that is a no brainer we are so thin here, I want a FA and at least one draft pick here.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with most of this. I also want a FA brought in. But, bringing in LT has typical Steelers signing written all over it. We always hope for some huge signing, but we all know we rarely get it. I think LT maybe the best we can hope for.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I hope your wrong but fear you may be right, if so I hope we draft a ILB as well cause LT is not a 3 down player anymore and if we play the Cheats he will get eaten up

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has been tested and does not fail, Cushing has been disciplined twice by the league that I know of.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I think that I am glad Peters didn't end up here first and foremost but I am thinking Johnson is way out of our price range. What will be interesting is how it will affect the rest of the FA CB market, the one guy I have an eye on is Fuller and if he starts falling in price that is the guy I would spend some bucks on. jmo

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just because you pass tests doesn’t mean you don’t juice lol. Serious lifters know you can’t get Harrison’s body naturally. Probably does cycles and maintains naturally towards season

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If they sign a younger ILB in free agency or a draft pick.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Look at Harrison and his HGH usage :lolol:, he never failed a test.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I find it interesting someone “starts” a thread with the title “don’t even start”?

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm serious. I can bet my life his body has had some kind of hormones injected. lol