1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Offensive Series

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Oct 30, 2011.

1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I really liked the game plan on offense up to the last two minutes. We really seemed to have the Patriots on their heels! However, do you think those last few offensive plays were Ben's calls or B.A.'s?

2. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    those sacks ate up time. Ben had no chance on either play and they looked horrible, but thet were effective.

3. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I still thought we should have run it three times to eat up a lot of clock. I am glad things worked out in the end.

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Exactly,. Ben could have mishandles it and lost it as much as a RB (especially this season) and the time subtracted would have been the same. That was a ****ty way to go out until the awesomeness of Keisel and Polamalu.

5. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I had no problem with the call. just gave us more room to punt the ball. Obviously tomlin didnt want to take a chance at missing the fg and giving brady the ball with good field position.

6. CbusSteel

CbusSteel Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't know about you but after the punt, there was like 29 seconds left on the clock. Am I the only one thinking that was too much time?

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The more I sit and think about it I'm OK with the play calling on that last drive. We could've sat there and pounded our RB into a 10-man front, netting what, 3 yards? We kept attacking instead, which I liked, and there was a good chance of getting one of our WR's wide open on a overly-aggressive defense thinking of stopping the run. We eliminated an extra ball transaction and increased our chances of gaining a first down, or scoring, and still ran the clock down. I don't like sacks as much as the next guy, but it was an effective "drive" that left the Pats needing a miracle to win.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    On that last drive I wanted them to score a TD, I was pretty PO'd they were starting to unravel and score FG's instead of TD"s. Thats exactly what you can not do against Brady. Brady theoretically could have drove for a last second TD and won 24-23.

9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This