1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Last game as a Steeler? 2018 edition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Jan 14, 2018.

1. B Roethlisberger - retires this offseason

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. L Bell - not tagged / holds out (please explain)

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. M Bryant - traded

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. M Tomlin - fired

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. T Haley - fired

26 vote(s)
    60.5%
  6. K Butler - Fired

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  7. M Munchak - gets HC job

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  8. E Rogers - let go

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. S Spence - let go

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  10. A Moats - let go

22 vote(s)
    51.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Bryant isn't going anywhere. I'm guessing the Steelers would happily keep the entire offense intact if they could. Part of what makes this team so dangerous is having Bryant and Smith-Schuster to complement Brown.

I already saw reports today that the Steelers will franchise tag Bell again. I just don't see him bringing his contract demands low enough that they will lock him up long term. I'm guessing he plays under the tag one more season, they run him into the ground, and then move on.

Unfortunately, they are going to lose Hubbard, which really hurts. He's an excellent backup and useful as an extra tight end, but there is no starting job for him with Villanueva and Gilbert locked up long term.

Hopefully, they at least keep Finney, who will probably replace Foster at guard or Pouncey at center after the 2018 season.

I'm guessing Moats is done. Probably Tuissaint, Ridley and Grimble, too.

The Steelers should move on from Mitchell, but I won't assume that just yet.

The real question is who they bring in. I would love to see them bring in a quality starter at safety and perhaps linebacker as well. I'm assuming Shazier won't be back.

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I don't think we can afford $10M on Pouncey when he's really not that great, he's very good, yes, but not worth what he makes. I'd trade him and let Hubbard have his spot. That money could really help on Defense, along with the $5M saved on dumping Mitchell, and I'm guessing some sort of injury settlement with Shazier.