1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

last drive epic fail

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Concussion, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Taking the sack by not throwing the ball away thenthe delay of game penalty killed us. We had 1:45 to get a field goal.

After struggling to comeback, they give us the game and we gave it back.

Epic fail.

2. 6stinkyfingers

6stinkyfingers Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Ben was idiotic. If he could step into his throws the game would have been over in the 1st quarter (missed a wide open Wallace on the right sideline and a wide open Sanders on the left). The defense failed even worse and made Tebow look like Montana.

3. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The comnbination of Ben/Tomlin has to be the worst time management duo in the history of the NFL. It is mind boggling how they cannot grasp the concept of using the clock to your advantage. Ben has never been the sharpest tool in the shed by any stretch, but for a person that is supposed to be cerebral as a head coach, Tomlin is showing a serious weakness in this area.

4. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    That field goal opportunity we didn't get in the first half and the bad clock management in the 4th quarter really came back to bite us in the *ss

5. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Real fortunate he has the winning drive vs AZ, because we've lost two consecutive post season games, where they could have been won on the final drive. Like it or not, Ben's best skills are physical, not mental, so we have to live with what we have, which is 2 SB where maybe we should have 3 - 4. Better than zero of course.

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    you want to put that on ben but the biggest fail of that sack was that denver got to us rushing only three or four.

7. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    In that situation, you can't take the sack. It let's the clock run and loses yards. No veteran QB should get sacked in that situation. I don't care if they were just rushing two old ladies.

8. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I can't for the life of me understand how when Ben completes the pass to Sanders down to the Denver 45 on the drive before OT we didnt call a timeout. We had 2 left and when the reception was made there was 55 secs on the clock. Instead everyone is running atleast 15-20 yrds to lineup and save the timeouts and then to top it we snap the ball and Ben gets it knocked out and he recovers it. NOW WE ARE BACK ON OUR 4O and then we call a timeout and all we have left is 22 secs. If we wouldve called timeout right after Sanders catch we wudve had 55 secs 1 timeout and only 15 yds to go to be in fg range for the winner. It just baffles me that we tried to save a timeout at the most important time of the game. This horrible clock management has gone on for too long.. Am I wrong here fellas????????????????? Think about it 55 SECS at their 45 with 1 timeout and only 15 yds to go.. I was screaming at the tv call timeout but they didnt hear me lol

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yeah, man... yeah... I was trying to figure out what was going on but I couldn't hear because I was in a bar. I saw the clock keep ticking after the reception and I asked what was happening with the timeouts. One of my boyz pointed out the two timeout markers above the HUD and I was like "WTF? STOP THE CLOCK!" LOL!

10. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    not calling a timeout there is what bothers me more than Ike getting beat all over the field.

11. LA_STEEL

LA_STEEL Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Epic Fail for me had to be our Defense all game no pressure on tebow, they allowed him to sit there,scramble out of pocket and pick us apart the middle was open all game for him if not for some bad throws game would of never gone to OT. Defense gets an F

12. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'll add Legursky to the time management problems last night. That last couple of time-pressured plays Ben was standing behind him practically screaming and signaling for him to send the ball for a good few seconds before the play clock ran out and we got the DOG. That said, the letting the clock run down before each play is really only useful if you're grinding out yards and running time off the clock to maintain a lead. Otherwise, in my opinion, they should quit screwing around and get to business.

13. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I still would have tried the 65-yarder.

14. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not saying he would of made it that far but worth a shot when only 3 secs left. Hell he was kicking them to the goalpost during kickoffs.

15. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    did you see the shot of sepulveda seemingly asking suisham if he had a chance from that distance? suisham looked at him over his shoulder and just shook his head and sepulveda kind of gave a laughing 'damn!' sort of response. that was my read on that scenario anyways. i could be wrong.

with guys like prater, seabass, dan bailey, cundiff, and a half-dozen more dudes in this league that could have a shot, in that stadium, with that range . . . when the hell are we gonna bring in a guy with a big leg?

16. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I barely trust him to make 50 at this point. Every time he kicks I just cringe and close my eyes and hope that when I open them I won't be POed.

17. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    yep. he really came through for us yesterday but i've had several conversations with fans from various cities across the country who have volunteered what i have been concerned about for a long time: "suisham is going to cost us a big game one of these days." i have zero trust in him. he's todd peterson all over again. i fear a kick from that distance may have resulted in a blocked fg returned to end the game.

18. 6 Timers

6 Timers Member

Dec 15, 2011
    And that would have hurt us how????

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe but it sure as hell wasn't last night's game. The guy went 3 for 3 not to mention kicking every kick-off but one out of the endzone so in my book he was one of the few bright spots in the game. He gets a lot of hate but we should give him his props when it's due and he gets an "A" for last night.

20. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, a 13 year old playing madden can tell you to call a TO in that situation.. it just baffles me sometimes.

and what's up with these 12 men in the huddle penalties? this is the nfl there's no excuse for that!