1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry Ogunjobi Visiting Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Jun 21, 2022.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Surprised.
    Thought Larry was still in line for a physical
    Was thinking the Drs stethoscope might have Duct tape on it l ike the weight room equipment.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    I yell and talk nice to gummi bears

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Why so serious? I’m not attacking anyone. Obi has been ok he had a very good game vs Tamp otherwise ok.

4. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Obis stats this season. 7 tackles 0.5 Sacks. Right behind Chris Wormly for 14th on the team in tackles.

Tampa game which was his best game of the season he had 3 tackles.

so the other 5 games he put up a whopping 4 tackles and 0.5 sacks.

I know a DT position is not all about stats and collapsing the pocket or being disruptive is important. Besides the Tampa game haven’t really seen that either but hey

Truly an exceptional player. I am sorry for underestimating him and will continue to learn more about the game from brilliant minds like yourself.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Who thinks Pickett looks like John Elway? You’re probably one of those guys who thinks Pickett looks like Josh Rosen. Why don’t we all just give the young man an opportunity to develop and then see what we have. He has the tools and he has the intangible qualities to develop into a very good quarterback. Geez, I just don’t understand the vitriol by some for Kenny Pickett on this board. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Im a Pitt fan as well and I like KP. I hope he does well obviously and so far for a rookie he has been ok certainly hasn’t played terribly. My issue is that we reached for him in the draft he was most likely a late second or early third rounder. A lot of people on here over exaggerate Steelers players see above. The team is 2-4 and KP is averaging 6 yards per pass. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out.

7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Absolutely agree! I’m not ready to make him a perennial All-Pro nor am I ready to write him off as a bust. So far I’ve seen a lot that I like about him. He’s also made some rookie mistakes (what a surprise!). I think he’s got the tools to be our guy but it seems there are many on this board who are rooting against him to prove a point and I just don’t get that. :shrug:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I am certainly not rooting against him just because I feel we reached. I want all of our players to do well I’m a Steelers fan I just try to be realistic which some call negativity. This team is not good therefore the coaching and players are most likely not doing good either. If I was on this board at times when the Steelers had good teams I would have been much more positive.

9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I disagree that Pickett was a reach in the lower half of the first round. He was the most pro ready quarterback available, the Steelers knew him well and they needed a quarterback. Malik Willis or Desmond Ritter would have been a reach.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You have some company in this false claim. Just because the other quarterbacks in the draft fell that far does not mean Pickett would have done the same, so no, it is not likely that he was a late second or early third-round pick if the Steelers hadn't taken him when they did so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Why you keep picking on BLAST?
    LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You do realize you weren't responding to me in this post, don't you?

At least you claim to know that not everything a defensive tackle does can be measured in tackles and sacks.

I'm not one of the people who compared him to Aaron Donald. I just thought you and Brice made fools of yourselves with the way you insisted he wouldn't be able to play, and I was right.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021

You win enjoy the stairway to 7. Odds are you are dbt

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You dragged this onto another thread to get me to respond to your post about Ogunjobi's statistics and this is the best you can do? Weak sauce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021

I said you won. Enjoy the victory and Ogunjobis Bronze statue in Canton. :thumbs_up:

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I know I did, but the sarcasm dripping from your every post makes me think you still don't quite get it.

• Winner Winner x 2