1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

larry foote

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Oct 31, 2011.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    anyone else think he might have played one of his best games as a steeler? I thought he played fast and was around the ball all day. I also think that carter may get off the ball faster than anyone we have. once he learns some moves he could be really good.

2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Carter is the one I'm more interested in. I do think that foote played a good, aggressive game today and I must admit I have always cheered for the guy. Carter looks like he might have some unexpected potential. Of course, I must admit I am a homer and think all our guys sitting on the bench or waiting in the wings are the next coming of Jack Lambert.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Everybody stand back!! I am about to praise Larry Foote.

He did play a good game, and although I can't wait to have Farrior and Timmons back in the middle (hopefully with Sylvester spelling Farrior), it was the best game I can remember Foote playing.

His absolute best play (of his career maybe -- yes, his career has been that bad) was on a blitz up the middle. Woodley stunted around inside, and Foote crashed into the Center, grabbed him, and dove into the right guard. Defensive holding all the way, but it opened up a nice lane for Woodley to get a 15 yard sack. It was a crafty veteran move that he knew the refs would never see, and it was just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks, Larry! Sorry I've been basically calling you a turd for the last 9 years!

4. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Larry gets props for his exceptional play on Sunday :good: . But Carter is going to be good. Infect, if Woodley can't play on Sunday and Worlids can't make it, I'm all right with Carter starting in place of Woodley with a week of practice under his belt. Also, I'm all for Sylvester starting over Farrior from now on. I think he played an exceptional game on Sunday. He, is younger and faster then Farrior. Farrior is 36 years old now and slowing down fast. Its time to make the change after how Sylvester proved that he can do it in the Pats game, especially after Timmons moves back inside. I think we will have two studs inside. Sorry James but your time is up. As far as Worlids is concerned, he hasn't shown anything and is alway hurt, Carter could pass him by.

The youth movement should be on. All our young guys proformed well on Sunday. Cortez Allen, Carter, and Sylvester. Its time to start letting those guys play along with Hayward. I think by seasons end, the young guns will be ready to make major contributions. If we let them sit on the bench, they will never get any experience. I think the injuries are a blessing in disguise. We will need the young guys to win the Super Bowl.