1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of Interceptions?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by nitrous12, Nov 4, 2011.

1. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What gives with the lack of a true secondary interception through an entire half of football?

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled so far with what this secondary has been able to do and if they keep it up w/out getting an interception...so what if they are winning.
    It just seems odd and I am curious what others think might be contributing to it.

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out what's so odd? They NEVER get any except for Troy, and not too many the last year or two. :shrug:

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Turnovers have always been a big part of our secondary and so far we have not been exactly setting records . I am not sure I am concerned at this point .. We are mid season and finally hitting rhythm. .Each week it's indisputable the Steelers defense is getting better. That being said we know Ike is not nor will ever be the big interception player. The Taz has had a few opportunities which have not ended in receptions ( surprising everyone) ..

We are very close to being at the top of our game and with that I think you start to see more turnovers. Troy is about the make some game changing plays.

Bman

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm more concerned with our LB's. Other than Woodley they aren't making huge plays. Not many forced fumbles or INT's from them either?

5. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very true.

And I know most INTs in recent years have been Troy and he missed a few opportunities this year, but I would just have thought that someone could pull one down. They are playing better, shouldn't that come along with it?

6. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Troy has definitely dropped a couple this year. But as was stated above, if we keep winning I'll live with no turnovers.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You only have to look at our defense against a prolific QB like Brady to understand how great the Steelers defense is.

Bman

8. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Screw INTs as long as the D keeps the opposing offense from scoring (which they have been pretty good at this year)

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I would like to know when the last time was that a team led the league in Pass defense - was 6-2 after 8 games and had only 4 turnovers.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely need to be creating more turnovers and not just the secondary. They improve on that and this defense will be down right scary again.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree not just picks, i would be more than happy with fumble recoveries. :mod:

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Our cure for lack of interceptions is coming up in just a little over 24 hours.

Flacco should be good for 3 at the least.

13. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    SHOULD BE good for and WILL be for are two different things. These guys are D-backs probably because they can't catch well. Except for Troy...

14. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wish the except for Troy part was true, but he can't catch this year either.

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Troy has been a second behind interceptions this year and I believe two hit him in the hands and at least one hit him in the numbers so he is not doing well either.

Bman

16. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I know, but his history vs. one single half of a season makes me reserve judgement. We haven't been a very good INT team in a long time. Maybe fumbles, but not interceptions (except for Troy). Now, the mid 90's we were insane... Lake and Woodson were awesome!