1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

L.C. Greenwood - Forever Snubbed?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Feb 5, 2012.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    First of all congratulations to Dermonti "Dirt" Dawson on getting into the H.O.F. !

It just still bothers me however that LC Greenwood continues to get snubbed. Not another Steelers should be selected until LC Greenwood becomes a member though. Not the Bus, Not Ward (when he hangs it up), not anyone.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 57445.html

Its a shame LC Greenwood will make it from Canton Mississippi to Canton Ohio probably only after his passing.

Let the campaigning begin now.
    LC GREENWOOD H.O.F 2013!

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree that LC should be #1 priority. Someone's gotta get his name in nomination and have enough clout to work him into the veteran's committee.

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed 100%, LC needs to be nominated and voted in. He deserves it. Joe Greene needs to campaign for it. Please let LC get in brfore he passes. That would be a travesty.

HOLLYWOOD BAGS FOR THE HOF!!!!!

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well it would be ok with me if the bus and ward got in before him but no other steelers

5. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

The problem I have with this scenario is it proves What Have You Done For Me Lately and therefore the only way that LC ever will get nominated is post mortum. With his talent there is no way he should not stand at the podium.

6. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    How in the world LC is not in yet is beyond me?

What can we do as fans to help this guy get in? The guy was one of the all time greats.

7. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Some things to think (get ticked off) about:

1. Half of the Vikings "Purple People Eater" line (Alan Page and Jim Marshall) are in. There are many calling for Carl Eller to get in, too. Seriously? A Vikes D-line that never won a title and was never, ever, ever at the level of the Steel Curtain, has more players in the HOF? Reason #1 why LC belongs in. I hope to God he gets in before Eller.

2. Donnie Shell belongs, too. If I remember correctly, he held the record for most interceptions by a safety. And few players hit harder.

3. LC and Donnie can only get in via Veterans Committee and that's where the campaigns get directed.

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If you're old enough to have actually watched / remembered the Steel Curtain play it would be hard for me to believe you feel that way ;)

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    LC hopefully will get in before he DIES. That's what the veterans committee is for. He just needs someone to push it hard enough. Maybe Dawson can work it into his HOF speech like other Steelers have done in the past.

10. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ed Bouchette would be the man to push for Greenwood. Has he ever expressed an opinion about LC and the HOF?

11. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Sadly, he will continue to be over looked.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is a shame that we have to lobby for LC it should be obvious especially with the seniors

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid that he is not going to make it ever, For the near future, Bussy and Bill Cowher
    and maybe Hines Ward?

14. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    LC may make it in a senior pick at some point. I loved him when he played- a huge part of the intimidation factor with his best games coming against Dallas. I have also always felt that LC was more of an impact than Mean Joe from the period say, 1977 on to the end of their careers.