1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyle Fuller

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by centralpa007, Apr 8, 2014.

1. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I have been thinking that if Dennard, Evans and Ebron are off the board when we pick - we could trade back if possible into the mid-20s and pick up Kyle Fuller. However, I was listening to NFL Radio this morning and heard several NFL scouts think Fuller may be the first corner off the Board - would love to hear thoughts on taking him at 15.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I've never had a problem with it. he or roby.:cool:

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree and I have him ahead of Dennard esp. in a zone scheme ..

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I have Fuller and Roby in a tie as the #2 corner prospects for our scheme. I have Gilbert #1 because of his upside, although I think both Fuller and Roby would probably be better fits on Day 1, and I wouldn't have a problem taking either guy at #15 depending on who else is left on the board. Dennard is somewhere in the mix after those 3 guys. I see him as primarily a press man guy, and while I believe he'd adapt to our scheme, I think the other 3 guys that I mentioned would be better fits than Dennard for us.

5. USCGSteeler

USCGSteeler Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I am a huge VT fan and Fuller is a game changer; if Gilbert is off the board I would love him at 15.

6. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    FWIW...Mayock is a big fan too.

7. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    I would be happy with Fuller OR Roby over Dennard......but not if Evans or Gilbert or Ebron are still available...

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I love Fuller. I'd say he's in the mix for the #15 pick. I also have Verrett in the top 5 corners, so...

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd be ok with taking Fuller at #15..

I will say that I think a lot of this talk about DL's scheme is getting blown out of proportion. He's going to be 77 in September. If we're drafting players to fit a scheme that might not be here in a couple years, we're idiots, IMO..

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know it seems too high for Fuller, I haven't seen it anywhere that he's projected to go that high.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well OK... unless we KNOW that we're changing to a different scheme in the future (and specifically what that scheme is), investing a first round draft pick in a player that doesn't fit the current scheme makes no sense to me.

12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    All I'm saying is at that age anything can and does happen. I'm just saying, he is 77.

Take the best player available.. It's not like Ike didn't get credit for shutting down #1 WR's.. He never played man? He never covered the opposing #1's all day? We don't just play zone anyway. It's predominant but it's not the only D that we incorporate. On top of that, to suggest that Dennard can't get better at facing the offense is speculative at best. He's a good CB and is worth value at #15 IMO..

13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'd be cool with Fuller. He seems to have the skill set to be productive in the league. I guess it just depends on the teams in front of us, and what they think of him. He could be the first CB taken or the fourth... I have a weird feeling that either Dennard or Gilbert will be available at 15, and I wouldn't draft Fuller over either of those guys.

14. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think after the top group, anyone is really an option if we end up staying at 15.

You have the 4 QBs.
    You have Clowney and Mack.
    You have Gilbert and Dennard.
    You have Evans and Watkins.
    You have the 3 O Tackles.

After that it is anyone's guess.

I have Gilbert, Dennard, and then Fuller.

I have Watkins, Evans, and then Benjamin.

There is so much movement right now as I think other than Clowney, Watkins and Mack, NO ONE agrees who the best 60 players are or when they should be drafted.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not real worried about pick 15 or 46, it's who's left after that long wait until the 3rd round comp pick. I'd have to say we go one offense and one defense 1-2, but at which spot is most needed. wr,cb,de. which two positions get those first two picks.:cool:

16. obxsteeler

obxsteeler Active Member

Mar 25, 2014
    When you have a franchise QB and one WR who had more than 40 catches last year which do you think?

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

would be nice trade down in the first to add an early third

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    when you lose 3 DE's in one off season and you have 3 cb's that haven't shown enough to be a #1 going forward, I guess it's not that cut and dry.:cool:

19. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We have plenty of needs for the draft...plenty. IMO, the guy we take #1 needs to be the one who will have the largest impact on our team in the coming year. Other picks can develop over time, but we need an impact player. WR is the most likely position for this to happen at IMO. That may not be our best long-term strategy though. If we can get a WR who can help us this year in round #2, you could take a larger impact player for the long-term in round 1. We like to say rookies don't play here, but Bell, Williams, and Jones all got significant minutes last year.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The first 2 picks needs to be either CB, WR or WR, CB. DE with the Steelers takes too long to get on the field and make a impact.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    when was the last time a cb started as a rookie?:cool:

22. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    when was last time we took a cb in first round ?

couple the two things and i'm not so sure they are thinking to take a cb in first round ...

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    When was the last time they drafted a CB in the first two rounds from a major school top tier talent. I don't think if they draft a CB this year he has to start right away, but he needs to a part of the rotation and get some playing time. That crap with Keenan Lewis where he sat for 3 years and then starts in his contract year doesn't work anymore.

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    is still think they are working as much as possible to find a partner to trade down , i would call cleveland ..

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    to be honest lewis didn't show he was ready to play before that either.

our defense worked because of LB'ers and D-line getting pressure, so we didn't really need a top pick cb for many years. our LB'ers were always the strength of the defense. now we are lacking up front and at LB and in the secondary. I wouldn't be surprised at any pick at any level of the defense.:cool: