1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kordell on picket/canada

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Jan 20, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't answer the other guy....because He clearly only reads part of post, or He has a comprehension problem...all it takes is to read anything I said, and it doesn't match up with what he said. He picks, and chooses. LoL. That's how He thinks people are saying things to Him they aren't.
    Woodson signed a 3 year deal as a CB for 49ers, and only played one, and played one year in Baltimore part as CB, and next year switched to Safety.

2. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Not after the Dallas Super Bowl. Steelers were in that game and had a legit chance to win. Then, NOD literally threw the game away to Larry Brown. Twice.

3. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Never forget that performance, as 10 point favorites, against NE in the postseason. Brady was playing very well and it felt like Kordell could never get it going.

I think we were down 24-17 and had the ball on two different occasions to tie. Instead, he threw picks.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You claimed that those three don't count. The discussion was players who were good after they left the Steelers. Woodson, Greene, and Vrabel were all good after leaving the Steelers.

That Woodson eventually changed positions doesn't mean he wasn't good after leaving. That Greene wasn't always a Steeler doesn't mean he wasn't good after leaving. That Vrabel wasn't a starter for the Steelers doesn't mean he wasn't good after leaving.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it makes no sense relative to the discussion you joined.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont think he made the switch until year 3 after leaving the Steelers but regardless, he still played well at the CB position for as long as he held it.

I don’t know why a change of position matters anyway, he was still a very good player for years to come after leaving the Steelers.

He was my favorite Steeler and I’ll fight you to the death over this :lolol:

They never should have let him go.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Switch is big IMO. Especially since We asked Him to change, or make the Switch for us.
    If Lamar Jackson Switched to Rb...I would think He was good. As a Qb not so much. LoL.
    See what I'm getting at.
    Now Rod may have been good as a CB for 49ers, but then why did they sign Him for 3 years, but only keep Him for one???
    Then when He went to Baltimore He didn't finish the year at CB, but slowly made the switch., and then the next year started at safety.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It makes no difference dude :lolol:

He would have made the switch with the Steelers eventually as well. He said he could still play CB and he was right. 49ers cut him and Green in a salary cap move. I wish they hadn’t so I didnt have to watch him win a SB with the Ravens :noose:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Again. The premise was there were not many that performed well. I pointed out several that did. Thanks

9. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Correct and over the years, there aren't many. Thanks for making my argument for me.

And once again, thanks.

10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    whatever dude. You win.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He didn't make the argument for you. He gave you some examples of guys who were still very good, some even better, after leaving the Steelers. That wasn't every example.

When you tried to offer examples of guys who faltered after leaving, you failed. Wallace still had two strong seasons after leaving Pittsburgh. Brown could still play, but he lost his mind. Bell was the only good example you provided.

12. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Sort of agree and disagree, Stewart was part of that team, but the word LEAD is mis-leading. That was a defense first team, as were most of Cowher's teams in the 90s and early 00s. Stewart was the "leader" of the offense because he was the QB (QB is the default leader), but he was not one of the top 6 or 7 key pieces on that team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Also, Stewart's poor play was a big reason they lost the AFC Championship game that year. Part of the blame goes to the play calling. The Broncos couldn't stop Bettis, but the Steelers kept throwing the ball, anyway.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It was insane how many good players Steelers lost from '97- '99.

Carnell Lake
    Yancey Thigpen
    Rod Woodson
    Chad Brown
    Leon Searcy

........ just to name a few. The Jaguars and Titans picked our roster clean. By 1998.. it was obvious we couldn't compete with the Ravens, Titans and Jaguars.

Courtney Hawkins was our #1 WR in '99.... and he was a #3 WR at best. Those were some lean times for the Steelers. Steelers drafted Troy Edwards in the first round in '99. If people think Edmunds was bad value for a first round pick.... look up Edwards. This guy was 4th round talent at best....and Steelers took him in the 1st. :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023