1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirby Wilson Update- Visits Steelers Today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 4, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Coach Wilson made a visit to the Steelers practice facility today, the first visit since he was burned in the house fire.
    A quote from the PostGazette article:

Kirby Wilson Visits Steelers
    Burned Steelers' Coach Visits Team...

Here's a couple tweets from ESPN reporter Josina Anderson earlier today. It's pretty insane to think he'll be returning to work just three months after being so badly burned. Pretty amazing stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Good to hear; thanks for sharing!

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    great news, good for him and us. :thumbs_up: :cool:

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    All much better than I was expecting. Pleasantly surprised! Go Kirby!

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just love these kinds of dogmatic assertions by Bouchette:

Wilson, 50, was in line to succeed Bruce Arians as offensive coordinator but the accident changed all that. Arians' contract was not renewed and coach Mike Tomlin hired Todd Haley to run the offense.Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12095/12 ... z1rBaIXHfP

Now tell me, what makes Bouchette so dang sure that Kirby Wilson was the heir apparent to BA?? I've read this kind of speculation from him for the last several months now and I just don't understand why it was a foregone conclusion (at least in Bouchette's mind) that Wilson was the guy. Bouchette wasn't even able to predict the Todd Haley hiring. In fact, he maintained all the way to the end that the Steelers WOULD NOT hire Haley. I'm a casual, outside observer and just your average fan and I called it weeks in advance. My point is that I don't believe Bouchette's assertions are worth the paper they're printed on!

Oh,and by the way, I am very happy that Kirby Wilson is doing better. I am looking forward to having him back as our RBs coach. I would not have been happy had he been named our OC, however.