1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Killer B's to the Killer BJ's

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jim90, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ju Ju and Jessie James saved our butts tonight. Minus the open drop on Ju ju's part.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I don't think we need any more receivers other than the ones active for this game.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree I would trade Bryant just to get the other guys more work.DHB and Eli both showed they can get open as well. JJ looked good as well. If Ben was not all but washed up they could have scored 50 or more tonight.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I hate to say it, but Ben might be right, he just doesn't have it anymore. He MUST hang it up after this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That name will never stick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's not close to washed up... Not what he was clearly but still a bit left in the tank. Eli dropped the ball,DHB could've/should've caught a ball that was inches off. Other drops aside, Ben missed JJ before hitting JuJu in stride which worked out very well. He ain't done yet, Peyton was done and miserably so...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Both got open, both dropped touchdowns. Ben had more good passes dropped tonight than bad passes he made, I think. But I think youre right, Bryant was probably thinking “what was I thinking?”

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eli dropped his , but DHB had no chance . Ben made a very poor throw DHB was open by a mile and Ben showed no touch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Ben is still able to make the throws. He proved that last night. But he's not able to do it consistently enough. The difference between he and Stafford is staggering. Can you imagine the points this offense would put up with Stafford at qb? He was locked on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    No chance? That's a bit of a stretch... Ben could've thrown a better ball for sure, but still catchable.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As soon as Bryants punishment is over, Eli will go back to seeing very little action if hes active at all.

A dropped punt and now a dropped TD, not doing himself any favors with Tomlin. Why would you even put him on the field with the emergence of JuJu.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah Eli showed he can get open but how did he make out on the TD pass????? Right he dropped it, there is a reason he is where he is on the depth chart and to think we are better off without MB this season is nuts. Yeah Juju had a 97 yarder but it wasn't a deep pass like we use MB for. I hope MB has learned and he comes back cause with AB. MB, Bell and now Juju watch out......just need Ben to wake up!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree his time is coming to an end. This will be his last season. Now if he can just give us 11 more decent games he can go out on top.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Eli didnt drop the ball it was so high he couldnt reach it, if ben would have put the ball on him with touch that would have been a TD but like many of bens throws last night they were over throws or just plain uncatchable, he really needs this bye but unless coaches put pressure on him to get better nothing will change the rest of the way...........

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ben just needs to step into his throws for better accuracy. When he throws without stepping into it or worse off his back foot, his passes sail high on him. Look at his feet when he over throws high. Against the Lions he did it when he missed Bey and also high on a throw to Jesse.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bens throwing was generally high, but the one to Eli hit him on the hands, big time drop.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont think he can. I think that knee is shot. He did this all last season, I dont think its going to miraculously get better now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think he can but because of his knees that maybe why his if favoring it and not stepping into it. If you look at the 97 yard TD to JuJu he steps into it and its right on the money.

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey guys, Y'all know we won the game right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bryant did as much being off the field as he has done on the field this season. He wasn't missed. With the emergence of Smith-Schuster they now have two legit threat wide receivers.

As far as Ben is concerned, he is what he is at this point. I now gasp every time he drops back. Not a good feeling. Bell is the focal point of this Offense as he should be. Hopefully there isn't another 5 pick game in his future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree, but his drop
    Eli dropped the ball off his hands. His hands which reached out and dropped the ball that was being touched with the palms of his hands. That was a good pass.

DHB could've caught the ball that he touched with his hand on a pass that needed to be thrown with more touch. Key word is could've but it was not a very good pass in all honesty as it had too much zip and a couple inches off. I'll even say he should've caught it but if he was known for catching passes, he'd have never made it out of Oakland.

I agree Ben is off a lot this year... I too believe it's his knee, he just can't seem to step into his throws as well as he used to... But he's not washed up yet, not even close. I think he'd be better served if he realized or admitted to himself that he could adjust his game and be a lot more proficient than he has been but gunslingers don't do that and he's never been overly accused of being a picture of health, a film room warrior, or a mechanics type guy. He's never had too but it definitely would've paid off had he been.

I think if the staff got a little more creative with the playbook and a lot les predictable he'd really improve... But then maybe he's too prideful for any of that.

We all saw a washed up QB in manning and Ben's not even close to that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    No, that was a perfect pass. No sense in calling it anything else. Hit him in stride and right in his hands... Eli just dropped it.
    The DHB miss on the other hand was bad. Definitely a missed throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yep went right thru Eli’s hands, DHB was off his fingertips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Bryant can catch high.

(Sorry, MB.)

• Like Like x 1
  25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    That was a teaser thread title.