1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Khan Named GM

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 4, 2022.

1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    You must didnt read enough, because if you did you would have saw he had put a group together of successful black business owners and individuals to help with the purchase.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

No. I admit I didn't read too much into it. He didn't have any other ethnic groups included in this bid? If not, why not?

To be honest. Don't bother answering. I'm done with this conversation.

3. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Stupid question. I can see why you're done with it. The only reason that question makes any sense at all is if you're insinuating that if they had seen white people as part of the group they wouldnt have been so quick to disregard them which would be a blatant admission of discrimination and racial bias and a clear acknowledgment as to what's wrong with this league...which I know you're not trying to do because you seem like the type that lives in denial.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Colbert is quoted saying best solution is to go outside organization for next GM ... talk about an FU to Khan and Hunt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    At least he's honest. There's a reason nobody has made Khan their GM for years. And Hunt is new on the block in that regard.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, sounds more like a maybe now that I read it again:

Rooney said, per Pryor:

"We have left the door open, Kevin and I, to possibly have him fill an ongoing role after the draft. We will be conducting a search for a new GM starting immediately. Probably won't make a hire until after the draft. We will be interviewing people.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If He is staying on in any capacity I get it. Stuff I had read said He was leaving, and that's where I was having a problem with. Why not let the rookie learn, but now I hear this I'm cool. Just want the best for the Team.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Due Diligence.

I think in the long run, they stay in-house.
    I don't blame them to conduct their due diligence, you never know what you might find.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    That's how they found Colbert and Tomlin. So I'm hoping at this stage it's an outside hire. No offense to Hunt I just don't know if he's ready.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Sometimes, we need a set of fresh eyes to see things that need to change.
    I'm with them either way.
    If they stay within the organization, it is good.
    If they go outside, it is good.
    Just conduct a good search and go with the best fit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hunt second stint with the Steelers began in 2010, and he has trained under Colbert, I think he could handle the job of GM. Art said he wants his new GM to be a personnel guy, Hunt is the pro scouting coordinator.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Second stint?

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was an intern with the team around 2005-06, left and returned in 2010.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I believe Colbert wants out! He's had enough! He's given Popcorn Boatloads of talent! A HOF QB his WHOLE career and what?

4 years out of SIXTEEN....Popcorn has won a playoff game! 4 out of 16!!!!!!!!! Think about that for a second...And the last 4 playoff games have been shellackings/ Embarrassments!

The Steelers WILL hire outside for their next GM...If you were gonna hire Hunt or Khan ,hire them! Everyone already knows that Colbert is overseeing THIS FA AND DRAFT, before he steps down...

You're not gonna hire a Guy from the outside to oversee a Draft...When the Guy you're replacing... Isn't done yet, and is running the Draft!

Now if it was Hunt/ Khan, what's the difference! They're already there, prepare with Colbert, watch how he does it AND ( even though I believe every other team already has their Guys ) you don't have to worry about them getting poached by another team, because you locked them up...

That HAS to be the reason that they brought in all these outside guys AND....They HAVEN'T promoted Hunt or Khan...

16. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    That is called nepotism

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I know someone that tried to get hired by the united sates post office. He was told he needed a higher score on the test than a minority to get the job. Does that sound reasonable to you?

18. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I wouldnt know if its reasonable until I hear the other side to confirm whether it was true or not....and then I could tell you if it's reasonable. What makes you think I would believe your friend and I dont know him from Adam?? Not to mention im apparently not as gullible as you are. When is he filing his discrimination lawsuit and then maybe i might believe what he told you has a ounce of truth to it and where is the paperwork??....otherwise you wasting your time asking me. Certainly if it was a thing this would have more legs to it especially since we're talking about a federal job. He cant be the only one or he's definitely lying. Does your friend believe in Bigfoot and aliens and believe 9/11 was an inside job also?? Thats gonna be my first clue that he, and probably you too, need to be in an mental institution.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    First of all Colbert didnt give Tomlin a HOF QB seeing as how Ben was drafted in 2004 and Colbert became GM in 2010. If we're being blatantly honest Ben wasnt very good after the 2018 season or at least not playing to franchise level. He was average to lower tier at best the last couple of seasons and of course they didnt have him in 2019.

2nd Colbert from what i can tell is way overrated. I dont know if there is a single draft where he nailed it where at the minimum the majority of the picks were spot on, and theres been at least 4 drafts that were almost total duds ...2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019 and 2020 is iffy....thats almost six years in a row. 2010 was undoubtedly his best draft, but look how long ago that was. There were other years of drafting 2 or 3 solid picks but most of those players are not with the team because mngmnt didnt feel like it was worth paying those players. They played in no SBs under him and scouting has taken a significant step back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We’re not going to get into this here. Right or wrong, these types of discussions tend to go off the rails.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    So if there were an uneven amount of black players you would complain?

22. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Why would I complain if there is equal opportunity to accomplish the same thing? If you're better than me at what I do, what can I do against that. Just make sure the playing field is even.

23. chucknoll

chucknoll Member

Dec 28, 2021
    Steel Real,

You need to keep this race baiting **** the **** off this football website you *******.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Wtf are you talking about stupid ass??? I'm not the one that brought it up....period. stop talking s*** behind your keyboard with your b****a**. If I was race baiting what you gonna do about it???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You said earlier if there is 99% whites that are owners there is something wrong (in a nut shell that’s what you said). Now you are saying the numbers don’t mean anything

• Like Like x 1