1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Khan making his mark

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, May 6, 2024.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

then they MISSED on Leonard - Colbert missed on many.....

2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

colbert sucked late in his career

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Because he should have been an option and the Steelers would have been better off with either of those guys than Leonard.

Again, by your logic, every choice is a good one. If so, it's wonderful to have you on the board, Mrs. Colbert.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Leonard wasn’t a first rd talent thats why no one picked him there. It would have been a reach that worked out. They reached for the wrong guy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It would have been less of a reach. They thought they could tap into Edmunds' athleticism and turn a mediocre player into a star. Instead, they wasted a first-round pick on a mediocre player who shouldn't have been taken before the third.

6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    ARE we going to saying khan--Khan--KHAN--LIKE captain Kirk or are we going to be :bowdown::bowdown:KHAN:bowdown::bowdown: we are not worthy of your greatness. Maybe this season will tell us.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I wanted a safety too, but I wanted Justin Reid or Jesse Bates. Both are vastly superior than Edmunds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Erics political stances likely didnt help Justin Reids case for Pittsburgh. As for Jessie Bates III?! You got me there.

I was for sure he would have been the pick at 28. Both Tomlin and Colbert attended his Pro Day; a major indication at the time. Guess that wasnt enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Nice PSA, Scribe. Now anyone who just joined the board a few hours ago also knows your take on this. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When they started focusing too much on SPARQ scores and less on football players is when they started drafting poorly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Bell another in a list of problem Steelers. I was talking to someone today who actually compared Steelers to the Cowboys about how they both sign criminals and problem players. My jaw dropped, but its kind if true. What happened to our integrity?
    We obviously arent signing the best players to overlook the integrity issue. If we were we would’ve won at least 1 playoff game in the last 7 years.
    Also, dont know what the issue was with Conner not resigning.. ie money? I also understand he was injury prone, but he is doing well with the Cards

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's what Scribe can't get through his thick skull Leonard was never an option in the first round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I never said Edmunds was a good choice, my argument for him he had a lot of traits which is why they reached for him. Name one trait that Leonard had for them to reach for him in the first round, don't give me any of that he was an All-Pro crap that's hindsight.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They didn't miss on Leonard at all, all the projected first round ILBs went before they picked that year.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What you can't get through your thick skull is that I'm not arguing what they would have done but what they should have done. Why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    True

I think the Steelers were afraid of repeating the same mistake after the Jarvis Jones fiasco and that would create other problems for them.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You can't get this through your thick skull is the Steelers haven't drafted a small school player in the first round since Ben, oh but a ILB who isn't fast and has average size should've been the first round pick. You can't win an argument when all you have is what they should have done :facepalm:.
    And Tomlin/Colbert didn't attend Leonard's pro day, all that they should've taken him is BS.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I can win that argument because I'm right. They should have taken him. He was a better prospect than Edmunds going into the draft. Check out the old pre-draft rankings if you don't believe me. He then turned out to be a much better player. That the Steelers weren't considering him that high is irrelevant to my argument, which is that they should have known better.

19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

edmunds sucked

some clowns here wanted him back AGAIN this offseason

20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

i see what you are saying.

they crapped the bed with Edmunds, that we can agree on.

not many had Leonard going that high, I understand.

it just looks bad - Lamar J, Chubb, and Leonard all going shortly after our loser Edmunds.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think that was as a backup for the veteran minimum, which wouldn't have been awful. By all accounts, he's a hard worker and a decent guy. He's certainly durable. He just isn't good enough to be a starter.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That reminds me that Leonard was taken with the fourth pick in the second round, so it's not that outlandish to suggest he could have gone in the first.

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct.

hindsight here is, of course, 20/20

its just that Edmunds was soooo mundane. Could have had him Rd 3 if we wanted him

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The guy made very few big plays his final year at Virginia Tech and he was a liability in coverage. If a safety can't cover and can't make big plays, mediocre is his upside.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The rankings I looked at had Leonard at #69 and #77, and said he was a prototypical 4/3 Will LB :shrug:.