1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Khan making his mark

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, May 6, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    LOL Several Hills. Heyward-Bey had speed, too, for all the good it did the Steelers' offense.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not interested in rumors. Little anonymous birdies tend to be pushing an agenda. I'm also not interested in the Steelers caving to every whim of their players any longer. It has been sending a bad message for years. I was hoping that nonsense left the building with Colbert.

The Steelers didn't have to give Harris a big payday. They just had to use him up for 2024 and 2025.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not every player is like a former player that didn't make it. Really scribe. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was just one example. Pardon me if I misread your post, but it sure seemed like you were referring to the group of Roman Wilson, Calvin Austin, Van Jefferson, Quez Watkins, and Scotty Miller as "several Hills." Sure, they play the same sport, but nobody will confuse what those guys do on the field with what Tyreek Hill does.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the only part that was really referencing hill was speed. sure DHB had speed but these guys have at times shown they can catch. fresh legs and speed of every guy is going to be hard to stop and if they are neglected by a defense to stop the run instead and is more than enough to make them pay. the article also talks about speed added on both sides of the ball. this can never be a bad thing as far as i'm concerned.

reading about wilsons quickness and explosiveness off the LOS is very similar to what made AB and DJ good at what they do. neither were straight line burners but quick. that is a good trait for a receiver. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I would assume a 1st or 2nd next year.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Given how devastating you think their speed makes them, it is funny how little Austin, Jefferson, and Watkins have produced.

Speed is great. I applaud the team's pursuit of speed. It doesn't help if the guy can't play. If they could play, they wouldn't have been on the scrap heap. I still hold out some hope for Austin, but he certainly isn't a sure thing, either.

Referring to them as "several Hills" was still comical.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    evidently they can play, they are still in the nfl. :cool:

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So is Gunner Olszewski. Do you want him starting for the Steelers in 2024?

• Like Like x 1
  10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    No. Gunner is to slow for the legion of zoom.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Based on last season, it is more like the gaggle of ghosts for their tendency to disappear from games.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Khan’s future legend will be determined by who he gets to Quarterback the Steelers for 15 years.

I am happy so many teams reached for QBs this year. All the QBs but one will be a massive bust. Who that one will be is still to be determined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

good thing that was last year. there are a whole bunch of guys that didn't have good years last year that will be counted on this year. :cool:

14. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Other elements that may improve the Wr play this year that we didn’t have last year is a new OC, new Wr coach, a new scheme and adept coaching that may actually be able to scheme these guys open. I still believe we will add to this Wr room before training camp.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm more concerned about corner than WR at this point. at least age wise.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is that their name now??? LoL :thumbs_up: I like it , but it sounds too close to Seattle's old name. Let's come up with something more original.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Hey, if you like the Steelers following the Pirates' model of playing the scrap heap and hoping rather than bringing in legitimate starters, so be it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I have asked multiple times but you refuse to list who they should have brought in. Many people including myself already pointed out why Boyd would have been a bad choice. Who else besides Boyd?

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't remember you ever asking that, but maybe I missed it among your nonsense. I didn't refuse to answer anything. Why should I accept your evaluation of Boyd? I don't even accept your premise that they don't need a slot receiver. I know Smith has run mostly two-receiver formations in the past, but that doesn't mean he will do the exact same thing with the Steelers.

There was a diverse group of receivers available this offseason, ranging from more expensive guys like Mike Williams, Curtis Samuel, and Gabriel Davis to cheaper options like Boyd or K.J. Osborne. It's not like the Steelers couldn't sign someone.

20. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    because I disagree my responses are nonsense. This is why you derive little respect on here. It’s the way in which you respond. Anyway they tried Mike Williams he signed before we could meet with him. Gabe Davis went quick as well. The other guys of which you mention are an upgrade on what we have but not significantly. It’s like signing Mykes Jack at ILB. Just signing a name to fill a hole for the sake of signing someone. I am holding out hope Roman Wilson is going to be special and we also pick up another reciever this summer. There isn’t much out there though. So they can get a mi to low tier guy like Burke or make a big splash like Metcalf. Like I said before they were never going to plug all the holes. Wr and cb are still in need if upgrading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how you started your complaint about how I respond to others here with a disrespectful comment. I wonder if you can see your own hypocrisy there. I refer to your responses as nonsense when they are ill-conceived and poorly supported. The lying and gaslighting is also a part of that.

Did you mean Burks? He hasn't shown much in two seasons. He might have a little more upside than some of the others due to his youth, but he's yet another reclamation project from the scrap heap. Osborn is better than any of those guys. It showed in his production over the last three years, even though his numbers were suppressed the second half of last season by the Vikings' problems once they lost Cousins. That's not like signing Jack out of desperation last season. (Maybe you were talking about the first time around, which seems like heavy use of hindsight on your part.)

22. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I am just responding in kind to you because thats how you respond to me and others. My responses are ill conceived and poorly supported? Thats you option and it is all conjecture at this point until we see how this all turns out. Like I said I am not thrilled about the Najee thing or them not fulfilling the perimeter Wr spot but I am willing to let this play out. The old way of truly signing middle of the road free agents (as Colbert) always did wasn’t working. Khan has truly tried to upgrade each position with high quality players - look at the Oline and ILB positions. You can’t fill all the positions in one or two offseason, there were simply way to many fill. And no Khan didn’t create the hole at WR by trading DJ. DJ and the coaching staff created that hole. In addition, I am not so sure it is a hole as there can be some benefits to getting rid of DJ .... addition by subtraction.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've never lied about your posts. You have repeatedly done so about mine. 'Nuff said.

Yes, he did create the hole by trading a player away from a position that was already thin and not doing enough to replace him.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    This… so true. Steelers are doing same thing picking up has beens, yet everyone convinced they will be much better here with coach T.