1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Colbert screwed up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 20, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Adams doesn't deserve any snaps, he got outplayed by Ola Adenyi in the preseason. I would give Matthew Thomas some snaps at OLB over Adams :shrug:.

2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It really didn't make much sense in drafting Marcus Allen, they signed Burnett in FA and drafted Edmunds in the first round. Allen probably won't play this season unless there's a rash of injuries, Avery is probably better than Chickillo right now could've been a backup OLB.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Allen, to me, has a lot of potential. I was hoping he would be PS player and not take up a roster spot this year though.

Remember when people used to say how Colbert was flawless in the first round? ... not so much anymore. I just don't understand how uneven he has been in the first round lately? Unless Tomlin is having a negative influence in him, or there has been serious turnover in the scouting department, and we are getting bad intel?

I dont' like drafting QBs back to back for sure.... then there is neglecting defense last draft or drafting players like a LS?

On the other hand... I think the only way we are going to get to draft a defensive superstar is if we tank a season... our record has been too good to sniff those type of players in recent drafts...

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think it's time for Art II to step in. At some point even those who are actually in the FO have to be able to see that they have been terrible in scouting defensive backs in the last decade. Hopefully they do an after action review or something and realize this. Just stop reaching for players in the draft and spend the Bell savings on some top notch free agent DBs.

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I like OA too but he's at least 8 weeks away....I guess you are unaware of the fact that Adams led the team in QB pressures during the PS. He also recovered 2 fumbles which shows awareness and being around the football. Colbert spoke highly of him coming into camp this year and they held on to him all last season after being hurt . I'm not saying he's the be all end all but he's already a better pass rusher than Dupree. He's been in the system a year and I think he deserves a chance but I guess if he can't cover WRs 40 yds downfield....what good is he...

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Adams isn't better than Dupree :facepalm:

7. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    2 seasons going 8-8 is not exactly winning either.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I think Art II is part of the problem, he doesn't want to evolve the team the ways it needs to. Still too enamored with the "way we used to do things."

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's your opinion ....IMO if Adams was given a chance and he was 4-5 years into his development he probably would be. I know he couldn't be any worse that's for sure....