1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Colbert on replacing Shazier

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 25, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think anyone was saying they called Leonard as a first rounder. The point is the Steelers (and the rest of the league sans Indy) missed on Leonard. It happens all the time, it's not to be taken personally against the Steelers. I was responding to someone saying there wasn't much available in the draft that could have helped the Steelers as far as replacing Shazier. Sure there was, Leonard. Anything posted beyond that doesn't change that fact, it just tries to cloud it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Talking about missing on Leonard doesn't change the fact that he's not here and not drafting a single linebacker when clearly we needed one is the issue. We needed safety help too. I did pump Edmunds and thought it was possible he could be our first pick. I still like the pick and think he will be fine paired with davis.

Going with and paying more money to Vince was a huge mistake. Vince isn't that type of backer. Making the second safety pick (Marcus allen) was more of a head scratcher to me. Burnett was the other. We tried to make the linebacker role a safety role. I think Colbert is still not getting it by talking about bostic not being the answer. Vince is not either kev. Bostic had near the same numbers as Vince and Vince had more playing time. Colbert also pushed dirty red as being better than he was and thinking our linebackers were good enough. They were not and are not. Our backup safeties are not either.

Why it takes our front office and staff so long to see this stuff when it is so obvious frustrate everyone. The biggest problem was not replacing timmons first. Nevermind about shazier. Start with A before we get to B. I just hope we don't keep doing the same thing with players we think can play but clearly can't do what we need them to do. Get rid of them. Vince, red , bostic, burnett, burns, dupree, mccullers, gilbert would be a good start. Take the blinders off.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw some mention him in passing as possible 2nd rd pick but when I say pimping I mean guys like LVE and Evans were for our first rd pick. I'd say you were the highest on him, good call. He wasn't drafted in our own mock until the 3rd. I'll have to see if his name came up at all when we were voting on Steelers picks. I think his 4.70 probably turned a lot of people off.

Speaking of Evans, anyone know how he did his rookie year? I know LVE did great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I should bring my wife in on this conversation. She occasionally mentions what she passed on and what she picked. Anyone else with me?

• Like Like x 2
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Are you married to Kevin colbert?:smiley1::cool:

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was fortunate, my wife was too young to know the difference when she picked me.;+)

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This sounds like progress.

“We want players to grow into great players, Pro Bowl players, potential Hall of Fame players, but I think what we are learning is it’s a different world,” said Colbert. “What we’re doing here now at the Combine – 30 years ago this didn’t happen, so it’s a different world. Social media has changed things, branding has changed things, so we have to do a better job of managing players as they grow into megastars. And that’s something I think we are learning on the fly. It’s a little more relevant this year obviously because of Le’Veon Bell’s situation and Antonio Brown’s situation, but the lesson is maybe we have to catch these guys when they are young.”- Kevin Colbert

https://www.steelers.com/news/colbert-disagrees-with-drama-perception

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I guess it is progress. But this isn't new and Colbert is telling the public that he doesnt have a clue. Nitwits.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was trying to be positive.:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...campaign-around-after-dismal-start-in-the-nfl

• Like Like x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No. They look similar, but my wife has a better mustache.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    My money is on your wife doesn't know this site exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Maybe his wife is actually on the MB and is the one who keeps trolling him? :eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They need to go LB 1st, CB2d, OLB/pass rusher 3rd << flip the 1st and 2nd based on the best available.

This defense needs a revamp with young talent. Get a veteran WR to replace Brown. Get another with the Brown trade pick. Re-sign Jessie James, and this team are contenders again.

I'm a believer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    On replacing Shazier, not going to happen. He had generational speed at linebacker, and he'll never have it again, even if people including myself want to believe that he could. I hope he proves me wrong, but the reality is he's fortunate to be walking. I do love his perseverance though and that he has access to the team's medical staff. It shows a lot about the character of the organization to help out their players like this, even if it eludes many.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    But I thought this team doesn't value it's players? As told by Brown and Bell

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm not ready to jump on Colbert, he has a pretty good draft record. I wonder if he is growing weary of the circus around him?

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    :facepalm: Proactive wins. This reactive nature here is failing.

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Colbert's damage control causes more damage than control.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    You are not gonna place shazier... period... He might be one of the most talented linebackers ever to step foot on football field. Lets give edmunds a shot it was one year and he was not the problem... I still think he is gonna be good. I remember a guy that was atrocious his rookie season and is now on the top 50 all nfl team... remember that guy???

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Neil O’donn?

22. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I didn't realize neil odonnel was on the top 50 nfl team of alltime..............