1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett Thoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
  2. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    To avoid a potential decade of futility if KP is not the guy you might have to pull a New England and have a **** season to move several steps ahead. I hate to think KP peaked already and cannot overcome his inability to read the field at the NFL game speed level. It will really suck to be a Detroit or Jets team for like 7-10 years. The long list of QB's we had between TB and Ben was beyond painful. Even with O'Donnell did you ever feel like, "we got this". It always felt we had to play perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    There's no realistic way they commit to him if his play plateaus at this level. He's at, or near, the bottom of the league in most categories. A GM might made the mistake of committing to a middle-of-the-pack QB. Pickett isn't even close to that right now.

Management also has an 'out' for Pickett because he's technically not Khan's guy. He was Colbert's pick.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I just think from watching the Steelers for a long time....there is no freaking way He doesn't get at least another season. Unless He gets badly injured.

• Like Like x 1
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would rather Pickett throw a few more INTs by taking shots while playing aggressive. I'm not saying I want the INTs, but it is easier to learn from the mistakes than it is to learn from missed opportunities. I'm sure we all have missed opportunities in life, but you don't remember them (a few stand out, I'm sure.) You will always remember the mistakes you made and learned from along the way. As Michael Jordan said: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Link doesn’t work for me

Is that actually this mornings radio show in Pittsburgh

Or a National podcast

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It was from the DVE ,and Hodge, but it's different today. When I click it. I guess they change it daily, but don't quote Me on this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    “It was from the WDV ,and Hodge, but it's different today. When I click it. I guess they change it daily” - STD

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hahaha. LoL. Although You didn't get My edit. I don't know why I wrote WDV:shrug:

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, now it’s carved into stone. You’re welcome.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Her name was Dana.

And I agree.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  14. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Do feel better now?

I'll go next.

My name is pczach, and I am a man that has made many mistakes. Thank you.

15. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

Yeah, for me the jury is still out on him and he needs to get the ball out and down field like the Austin pass more. I, like most I suppose, am using this Entire season to determine if he’s “it”. I think they have a system down and that system is to play extremely careful and keep it close. AndTada 6 n3!
    It’s ugly for sure but guess what? It’s working! That was my point. But, we’ll see going forward how that system plays out.

Go Steelers!

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett is just a Lamar Jackson injury away from being the best quarterback in the AFC North!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lol. I said the same thing to my brother, who is a Bengals fan, today. (Not that we want to see anyone get injured.) Crazy season.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It sucks that Burrow got hurt and I'm certainly not rooting for anything to happen to Jackson, who seems like a decent guy despite playing for the ****ing Ravens. I shed no tears for Watson the unrepentant, serial sexual predator.

19. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah, hard to feel sorry for Watson, with his past issues and his $230M guaranteed. Has there ever been a professional sports team that has consistently screwed the pooch more than the Browns? My goodness.

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Tyler Huntley is a Pro Bowl QB

21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I tend to agree. Unless there’s a disastrous finish to the season, Pickett is going into next season as the starter. Mitch will still be under contract, so I doubt they bring in anyone serious this off season. Maybe they draft a 3rd or 4th round QB to replace Mason. A year from now, if it’s more of the same, they’ll begin to think about QBs in 2025 draft or potential FAs, but I can’t see them doing much before then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Looks to me like Primetime Pickett is one of the last men standing. Knock on wood.

He’s about to get busy.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am going to have to see him with a new OC, then if problems persist the Steelers will make a change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    He may be a QB but not for this team. Give Mason a shot at it.

25. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    I'm rooting for him and he'll get one more year and I think he should, it's pretty hard to see any progression at all though, he's tidied up TO's from the 1st season somewhat, and he's still very good in the 4th quarter, I find it difficult to envisage him becoming at top 10 QB from where he is right now, he's below what I expected at this point, but then again so is the rest of the team in general, some bright spots but the offense and defense are pretty bad.

Very little about this team despite the record passes the smell test.