1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett’s Combine Performance

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by JackAttack 5958, Mar 18, 2023.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly, I watched a good portion of the QB combine workouts a couple of weeks back and I’d put Pickett’s performance up against any of them. I’ve heard a lot of folks say that Pickett wouldn’t be the top QB in this class and that may be true, but I think he’d be in the top three and with an increased focus on the quarterback position, I think he’d be a top 10 draft pick if he were coming out this year. Last year’s class was weak and Pickett seemed to get dinged for it. If Kenny were in the mix this year and showed out at the Combine the way he did last year, he’d be he no. 3 guy closely behind Stroud and Young IMHO. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    KP can spin it.And will keep working to get better,
    I hope he bulks up, I hope and pray he stays healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think he's probably the #5 QB selected potentially the #4. It would be a toss up between him and Levis. Anthony Richardson is probably a wildcard that could go 1-4. I think those that do mocks like him more than teams do. He's probably going in the 2nd or 3rd.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree that Levis and Richardson would likely go ahead of him because of physical potential. Drafting a QB based on physical potential when the tape isn’t there is risky. Last year I liked Levis better than Pickett, but I really didn’t like what I saw from Levis this past season when he needed to elevate the play of his teammates. He may end up being great, but he’s no sure thing. Richardson is on another level altogether physically. Total crap shoot. High risk, high reward.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would take KFP as the 3rd in this draft, but I don't give a F**k how fast a Qb is. Nobody is faster than thought, or the ball.
    I laugh at all the people that say a player has played a certain way his whole life .....how do You expect Him to change, but for some reason they don't use that same thought process for the Qb. :shrug:
    Some how they think a Qb that's 1st thought... if the 1st guys isn't open is run....isn't going to do that now....with even less time to read a defense. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    KP has had QB whisper since his early days at Pitt, he needs to continue
    With his fundamentals and processing coverages quickly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not even close.

Kenny's concerns regarding his potential and above average arm were and still are (arm strength anyways) legitimate concerns indeed. A while back I did state that Pickett would be in front of both Levis and Richardson but my views have changed somewhat. Here is how I would rank them now;

1.) Bryce Young

2.) C.J. Stroud

3.) Will Levis

4.) Kenny Pickett

5.) Anthony Richardson

Some may be surprised at Richardson being five but let me explain. While I can definitely state that Anthony Richardson will no doubt get better at being an NFL Passer in time, at this current stage, whomever draft's him will seal his fate. Richardson definitely has the talent and potential to be the best player from this class....and it is not even close; a major boon due to the fact he does play the most important position. However, due to his athletic gifts and immeasurable arm capabilities, I can easily see a team, or rather Indy in all likelihood, have him start and likely watch him run like hell. I still believe the Colts do have an above average Offensive Line as Matt Ryan did that entire line no favors but having a QB with less than two occurred seasons with less than 60% accuracy overall while playing a much more advanced form of Football can cause far more harm than good. Hell, despite some of the major "Yips" that Will Levis gives me, I still feel more comfortable taking Levis over Richardson as Levis had literally nothing to throw to during his Final Season at Kentucky; my final evaluation of him being more clear than it was months ago.

All this said, I can also easily see Carolina making a play for him as Frank Reich has had a history of working with QBs who are tremendous in the tools department. I personally wouldn't but I wouldn't be too surprised for Richardson to be the first QB taken given the fact that Bryce does indeed have legitimate concerns about his height and CJ Stroud has not shown enough consistency to make and/or create plays outside of structure.