1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Kool

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The one to Sims was a thing of beauty. He has uncorked a few of those this season. He just needs to do it more consistently. Those are throws he made consistently his final season at Pitt. He did a lot of his damage attacking the middle of the field, so the ability is there. He just needs to develop trust in himself and his receivers and bring that to the pro game.

The throw to Harris was something different. Pickett was predictable when he scrambled in college. If he was rolling right, he would throw. If he was rolling left, he would run. That is something he has improved upon during this season. He tried things like that earlier and it ended in a disaster like the last interception against the Dolphins. This time, he got himself under control and made an excellent throw. He's not going to throw from weird angles like Roethlisberger used to be able to do. What he does well on the move is get his body into a good throwing position. When he does that, he can make plays like the touchdown pass to Harris.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried about Kenny putting up big stats, they want to win a certain way leading with the running game, with a new OC and a more creative offense Pickett stats will improve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022

Most QBs don't like rolling to left and having to throw. Pickett did it twice in that video.

• Like Like x 1
  5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My dad was a non filter lucky strikes man

6. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    That was the hard core smoker brand my dad smoked

7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This. Not like Naj was wide open or anything. Smith was on him pretty tight.

8. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

That's the other DJ ball I couldn't remember! Feet in but dropped.

Kenny...he's gonna be self critical...that's who he is - he'll always take the blame (which is a good trait). But some throws he's saying to the WR...I'm giving you a chance big dog...go eat. And I think his wideouts respect that. The fade to Pickens...I thought the defender just made a nice play on the ball. Pickens got hands on it...But the CB gets paid too and contested the catch...good on him. Only one that I didn't like was the corner ball to DJ late... i think...but he came back with the TD to Harris. That was the only ball that I thought was "bad." But I'm sure it was a pre determined throw if he was 1:1 (he was the only WR on that side if I remember correctly...with a weird bunch to the left) and put it where it's DJ or nobody.

I'd agree they've done a good job getting the run game cleaned up. The pass game conceptually still leaves a lot to be desired. Probably would look better if our skill players made routine plays routinely too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    My Uncle Mel took the same lunch to work every day for 40 years. 2 baloney sandwiches, a pack of snowball cakes and 2 packs of unfiltered Pall Mall cigarettes.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Every time that I watch that, I can't help but wonder if that play would've been different if Jason Paul Pierre hadn't blown two of his fingers off.

He definitely could've gotten a better grasp on KP.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    WE have got to get lots more points to compete against Bills chief's Elite teams. Our Def. can only do so much.our OFF. coridinator is just not good enough to get this done.:brownssuck:

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone that thinks Tomlin will step away from the game soon just needs to watch this.

He’s not going anywhere, Pickett is his boy and is going to try and win a championship with him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I've been saying that for a while, since draft day. You could see how excited he was in that video of him calling Pickett that night. Pickett was their guy all along.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just hope Tomlin (with some help from Rooney, Khan and Weidl) bring a quality OC aboard in the off-season who can help get Pickett to the next level.

• Like Like x 2
  16. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It wasn’t pretty the whole game, but Kenny showed his composure on that last drive making some big time throws on a few of those 3rd and long situations.