1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

kemoeatu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they need to do something about his big, dumb, slow coconut headed azz. he's either on the ground, pushed back immediately or chasing the guy running past him, or in the way of everyone else trying to do they're jobs. please put legursky back in if that's all we have. :cool:

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, kemo is bad. He's the ziggy hood of our offensive line.

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We really need legursky in there but I do like Kemo as a pulling guard to the right for mendy

4. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    :lol: That coconut head of his may be the reason he's always piling on after the play's done.

5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I thought Ziggy was playing well when he's in. Hasn't he made some run stops, etc? I don't think there's anyone on the D-Line that sucks as bad as Kemo. That guy stepped on Ben, yesterday (Ben lost shoe, sack). WTF?

And let's talk about how Scott is constantly owned by the bull-rush. Lol!

They fixed the left side of the line with Starx (please let him be okay). Now the right side is going to sh*t.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I still think he is playing on one knee this year. Once he gets surgery and heals we could see a return to form.

7. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I thought Starks came back in the game after a play or two. Is there any reason to believe there is an injury issue with him? Perhaps I missed something....

8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Actually hood is playing well. he is holding up at the point of attack and is chasing down ball carriers.

9. steelers197386

steelers197386 Member

Nov 14, 2011
    LG should be a point of attention come draft day, rest of the line should be set after Colon comes back.

10. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I hate to admit that but I think the play of Keisel and Smith hid the fact that Ziggy Hood isn't that good. Now don't get me wrong, I think he would be a good back up but not starting material, and before you all pile on me just listen. Does anybody think it is a coincidence that the run D is struggling ever since he became the starter? There are a number of things that point to him not being a very good player and one of them is how other teams are going after big snack Hampton, do you know why? It is because o-linemen used to have their hands full with 99 and 91, but since 1 guy can move 96 off the ball it leaves an extra man to take out 98. Ziggy gets no penetration, he rarely gets any push, and he is pretty slow on top of it, I don't consider him very good at all and watching him play is sometimes painful.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    his form wasen't good when he had two knees. he needs to lose weight. he is slow. he has terrible footwork. sure he will make a block once in a while , but he makes alot more bad plays then good ones and that is unacceptable for what he makes. he's had knee trouble for years. he's never made a full season. we can do much better. :cool:

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree and have for a couple of years. i also think that heyward will be the next DE and ziggy may be the new NT. they showed a veiw from field level and there were two large rear ends and then they stood up. it was casey and hood. hood was as wide as casey from the backside. :cool:

13. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Interesting. I will have to pay closer attention to this, in the next game.

14. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I may have missed his return.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    BK99 speaks the truth. I siad a the xmas break last season they needed to get Hood an NFL films DVD of all the great pass rushers. HE has one move the bull rush and he does move his man with it... backwards. Problem being that either the running back runs past in the hole he created, the QB steps up in the same hole or he still has the offensive linemen between him and the QB and can't get him out of the way to make a sack or collapse the pocket. Everyone thought he was great last year oh look at his sacks. Sorry they were coverage sacks or where a LB chased the QB into him. If you are going to be this monster pass rusher you have to win the one on one battles especially in a four man rush, you have to force the dbl team to free up a teammate or get the sack.

As for Kemo, I wanted him gone last year. He sells out on each and every block to an ordinary block. He leaves his feet to get a chip in and then is on the ground as a LB fills the hole he just created. He is not smart enough to understand in zone blocking the basic fundamental is not to put yourself out of position when you block. He chips in on a DBL teams and throws all of his weight to one side putting him off balance and unable to shift if a delayed blitz happens or a someone fills the hole he created by going in on the dbl team. If you want ot watch how it is suppose to be done watch the Peterson TD run from Monday nights game. The left guard chips in with the center on Raja but only enough to help move Raja the wrong way he then is still on his feet and shift back to his original position to seal the left side as the LB begins to make his move. Peterson does the rest by powering through the Safety and boom TD. Kemo leaves his feet to blow up safeties in the hole and then admires his handy work as the the play continues up the field. I don't think he understands he can make more than just one block per snap.

16. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The line looked better with Legs in.

Hampton is the dlineman that sucks; cut him. Start hayward at end and rotate in ziggy and mcclendon at end and nose. Rotate hoke at nose as well.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i've said it before about kemo, if the guy is not waiting in the hole for kemo to blast when he pulls, he is terrible at turning up field to hit another target. he gets out of position on pass plays or just flat out gets beat off the snap and goes into chase mode back into the pocket. your right also , he can't switch off and gets out of position on late blitzes. very immobile. legs is not the greatest, but is far better and more mobile in all phases of the game. i never understood why so many thought kemoeatu was our best lineman. noway, nohow. never has been. he makes the guys next to him look worse then they really are. :frustrated: :cool:

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    McClendon does seem slightly more athletic and less susceptible to the chop blocks than Hampton is. But we haven't seen him against a top tier line. He certainly has more potential than Hoke ever did.

So far this year , Keisel is the only one who's impressed me on the starting line. Heyward has looked a monster when he's in there, though.

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Have you isolated on hood and watched him? I think he's one reason our run defense is so much worse than years past. He gets pushed out of nearly every play by his opponent and often ends up on his arse. I've never seen a 300 pounder get tossed around like that. I'm not necessarily asking him to make penetration and rush the qb, although occasionally that would be nice, but if he could just hold his ground he could help stuff the run, but he can't. It's kind of embarrassing to watch him get owned like that and wonder how long our coaching staff will put up with it.

20. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Didn't Hood start last yr and our run dee was good? Maybe its not Hood?

21. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The main thing I can't stand about Kemo is that he is DUMB. How many times have you seen a play be totally over and you see him lumber over and blatantly barrel onto the pile slamming into the back of a player. Not only does that crap cost us 15 yards but he is going to seriously injure someone simply because hes stupid. It is VERY annoying.

Ziggy isn't as terrible I think as some people may think but then again I haven;t watched him as closely as others.

22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Completely agree with you mac. Maybe its the flowing locks that protrude from under his helmet that make people think of Troy or maybe when they hear "Kemo" they remember "Kimo" V. who destroyed chumps on the OL and ole Rosy Palmer. At any rate, I'm in full agreement that our best lineup has Max & Legs to Pouncey's left. I like what I see in Gilbert and he is learning quickly - as long he stays healthy, we are set up well for the future on the right with him. I don't want to see Colon back at T when (if) he can ever stay healthy. And I think Foster is doing a serviceable job at RG. This is becoming a broken record, but I don't believe our OL is as bad as people think. So much depends on the play-calling, vision of the RB, BR getting rid of the ball quicker, PA, etc. and having a healthy group of THE SAME 5 men. This revolving door really hurts this OL. So many injuries that we have to question conditioning and the shape that these guys showed up in.

23. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Oy. :frustrated:

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree with ya about foster. whenever asked the guy has come off that bench and filled in well over the last 3 years. not bad for an udfa. he's a pretty smart guy also which helps. i'd like to see he and max drop about 10 lbs. off they're middle. i think it would help they're quickness that much more. i like how this bunch played with legs at LG and i hope we haven't seen the last of it.

as far as ziggy, i'd like to see more of him at nt and cam and keisel at the ends. i like his chances better against a center and that way they have to use a guard to help out with him. this will free up cam or keisel to be one on one with a tackle. i think it puts more pressure on they're line then. it could be our d-line of the near future. :cool: