1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemo Comments from NFL sidelines reporter Dale Lolley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Dec 10, 2011.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I never understood where the praise Kemo gets from pulling comes from. He's not good at that. Is it the best part of his game? Maybe. Is he or was he good at it? No. He's just a big tub of lard. He is slow. Not even fast for his size. He has bad technique, terrible vision, and can't stay on his feet. In the Browns game, Mendenhall scores on 2nd down if Kemo doesn't fall down for no reason right in front of the guy he was supposed to block. People think he's good at it because he's a "scary" sight running around the corner. Scary, maybe, but completely ineffective. He has zero elements required to be a good fullback. I wouldn't even trust him to run to the right spot. Get a real fullback, drop Johnson, drop Kemo, play with two tight ends.

2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, I forgot to mention he would have to restructure his contract in a major way whcih I think he would. Nobody else will be knocking on his door to pay him what he gets here for the service he provides. So, I would think to maintain his career he would make the adjustments.

As for what Huge snack said about his pulling abilities. I will be the first to admit that I can't agree or disagree with you about this at all. I am just going by his reputation only. The back up part makes me feel a bit better about o-line depth though.

I too would love to see he and Johnson gone and get a real FB. What does Johnson provide this team with? His production is almost nil. Must be awesome to get paid so much for so little.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Unfortunately, a dying breed.

My hope is still that Baron Batch comes in as a second RB and does a similar job to a FB.

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'd say Kemo was horrible in that game, but I don't want to give him that much credit.

5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This happens... OFTEN. Then people wonder why Mendy is dancing. Hell, he's trying to get around members of the O-Line who like to play "Stop, drop and roll" oye

BTW, not getting a rushing TD in four attempts from the 2 yard line was about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

However... I do think that if you put Redman in on one of those we would have scored. B/c not to put it all on the O-Line... at least a couple of those was just the Browns LB stopping Mendy 1-on-1. Or so it seemed. No push from the O-Line didn't help by why didn't Mendy try to jump in once he saw the line was FUBAR?

6. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    You should ask TTF if we can get a Rodney Dangerfield-type smiley, with the smiley guy pulling on his necktie.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :kemo:
    I know it's not exactly what you had in mind, but it might work. :)
    Just type:
    Code:
    when you want to use it. :thumbs_up:

8. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Ha! I told my psychiatrist, I said, "Doc, I think my wife might be cheating on me. Last night she didn't get in 'til 4 AM." My doc says, "Hey, it was 3:30!"

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :hijacked:
    I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist.. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender. No respect...

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    STEELERS front office to Kimo
    SFO:"Kimo take these few dollars we are giving you and go away."
    Kimo:"But I still want to play!"
    SFO: "I think the Wilkes-Barre Pioneers are looking for a gaurd!