1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemo Comments from NFL sidelines reporter Dale Lolley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Dec 10, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This is what NFL from the sidelines reporter Dale Lolley had to say about Kemoeatu in his Post-Clevleand Thoughts:

Chris Kemoeatu should be cut, re-signed, and then cut again.

Three penalties in two and a half quarters of play? Are you serious?

I was watching Full Metal Jacket the other night and had several of R. Lee Ermey's famous lines come to mind while watching that.

The worst thing about it was that Kemoeatu was getting called for holding penalties and still allowing his man to hit Roethlisberger.

If you're going to hold the man, hold him so he doesn't hit your quarterback

This is what I have been saying since the game was over. This guy is done. They should not allow him to be a liability for the QB anymore. If Pouncey didn't get hurt, he wouldn't have been in the game anyway. After that performance he should not be the first guard off the bench if there is an injury.

Enough said!!

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    So true. I was flipping out at this.

(btw, was it Kemo who ended up stepping on Ben's foot, or someone else?)

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    on pouncey last year vs the jets if i remember well

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep he had a tough game but I really don't think we have anyone else until we draft someone right?

5. 6stinkyfingers

6stinkyfingers Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011
    He got driven back into Ben in the SB, affecting his release and follow through, causing an underthrow to a wide open Wallace resulting in the pick 6. Kemo turned the guy that got blazed into an undeserved hero. I always hated him and was upset they didnt use his ridiculous salary on a free agent.

He and Colon should be cut and replaced by free agents. It's time for a Hartings tyoe of signing.
    They insist on developing lineman while their franchise QB is developing a lengthy injury list and arthritis.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Straight bull-rushed! I was disgusted hearing that idiot talk about how he exactly where they were going and came over to make the play! ***** got burned and got lucky Ben's arm was hit.

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Not sure, but when Ben came back I told my son that Kemo is the biggest threat to Ben on the field.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Kemo is hurt, and Pouncey is kind of having a sophomore slump this season with injuries and illness....

At this point I would just IR Kemo and let him get the surgery he needs, this will give the team time to gel with out him just in time for the playoffs. Let him battle it with a rookie in camp next year...

9. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    The Chiefs cut Gaithers when he came in for one play and got a false start penalty. How much longer will the steelers put up with Kemo. And I used to be a Kemo homer.

10. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Kemo isn't injured. He was benched because he was stinking up the joint. Even for our OL (and that is saying something)

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You guys are way too hard on Kemo. Right now he is the best guy the other team has!

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it was Starks, but Kemo's guy tackled Ben.

13. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

I believe you are correct!

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it was fat kemo. he got beat and then stepped on bens bad ankle. right off the bat. what a friggin loser. i have never seen what they see in him and have been raising heck about him since they put him in the starting lineup. we may have been better off putting essex at center and leaving legs at LG in that one. merideth needs to be playing and cut coconut head loose. :cool:

15. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    No way, the foot came in from behind/the side of Ben, where Starks was blocking his guy. Kemo was busy being beaten like a drum in front of Ben.

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I've rewatched this and it's definitely not Kemo.

It's fair to say that he stepped on Ben's foot metaphorically, perhaps...

17. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    And literally, too, but I think that was last week (just as Ben took the snap).

18. hi0

hi0 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The thing that infuriates me about Kemo is that I'm pretty sure he makes the most out of all of our lineman.

19. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Kemo IS hurt, he had swelling in his knee in camp or early in the season, which had to be scoped and drained. That usually means you needs some kind of surgery... and his agent has admitted that he indeed does at the end of the season.

If he isn't going to help us just IR him now and let him get healthy. See how he bounces back next year....

20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I say bring him back, but as a Full back and back up lineman.

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    Kemo IS hurt, he had swelling in his knee in camp or early in the season, which had to be scoped and drained. That usually means you needs some kind of surgery... and his agent has admitted that he indeed does at the end of the season.

If he isn't going to help us just IR him now and let him get healthy. See how he bounces back next year....[/quote:37sbcakk]
    is making 5 milion a year , i would cut him and spend the money better :write:

22. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The Steelers don't need Kemo lining up at FB. He can barely understand how to play his own position. I know it is a hard concept for some people to understand, apparently including the coaching staff, but I would get an actual FB on the roster and then play the man in his natural position. We need a decent guard from the draft or FA and let Kemo take his issue to another team.

23. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I understand this and in many ways agree. But, part of his job as "the pulling guard on the team" he does lead block often and provides the staff with the position flexibility they look for.

I wouldn't shed a tear if they dropped him and got a proper FB though.

24. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    ˆˆˆˆˆˆI agree on both points. Although, I would like to see Kemo get a second chance next year after he heals up...the odds are he will be cut due to salary.

Ravens have the running game Steelers used to have, they have two well respected guards who play at a high level, and they also have in recent history invested twice in top tier blocking fullbacks. David Johnson rarely gets used in the pass game, why not get a fullback who might be more athletic???

25. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    With the money they are paying Kemo, they could pay a FB and a decent young guard. Let David Johnson be the third string TE behind Miller and Saunders.