1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

kellen moore

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Apr 11, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How would people like him in the black and gold? I have seen him projected as early as 3rd and as late as 5th. I would like him in the 5th, but I doubt he makes it. I would hate to see us take a qb in the 3rd, but we need to address the back up situation. what do you all think?

2. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I would love to see him get a shot with our team! I live about an hour and a half from Prosser, WA which is Moore's hometown. I watched him numerous times in High School in person and College on TV. He has better arm strength than people think and is great at reading defenses and knowing where to go with the ball pre-snap. He has done nothing but win his entire Football carreer! Obviously this doesn't make him a gaurentee but it does mean something?

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    You've got to be kidding me? A 3rd round pick for him? No way...he's a 6-7th at best...I'd even maybe throw in the 5th round...but I'd be shocked at that. He's small (6' 197lbs) and has what most would consider mediocre arm strength. I'd bring him in if he was a UDFA...I dont think I would want to waste a draft pick on this little guy.

4. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    midget..... no thanks

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    troy smith isn't exactly a giant. :cool:

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I do believe we can get better talent and skilled player with our 3rd pick.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Remind me how tall is drew brees

8. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You guys are grossly underestimating this kid! Last I checked he is the winningest QB ever at the collegiate level. Coach Peterson runs a pro style offense and there have been more and more higly rated pro prospects coming out of Boise state! Just sayin!

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Troy smith didn't cost us a draft pick.

10. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    More are Chase Daniels out there than Drew Brees. Who gives a %$#@ how many he won in college. Complete different game. And I am a Mountain West guy, i seen him a bunch and he is not even close to Drew Brees, he is closer to that last Boise St QB the Steelers brought in as a camp arm.

Why would anyone in even bring Brees into a comparison. ****, Sharapova is 6 foot too, maybe she could ****ing play QB!!

11. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It does mean something with his winning career. As stated before, he has won all his life. He was definently a winner at Boise State. Yes I would love to see Moore in the Black & Gold. For him to study under Ben as his backup, will help him. Whoever gets this guy in the draft will have a good QB for along time. A lot of you guys are are grossly underestimating him. I watched him in college and he was a smooth operator.

Believe me he is worth a 4th rounder. I don't see him getting out of the 5th round.

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This may be a stupid question but do you draft a qb so he can be a starter or can you draft one thinking this guy is a backup but he can play good enough to get us through a tough patch. I think you draft everyone hoping they can start. I just wonder if they think moore is a career back up is he worth a pick. I have no problem with it because we need a young backup.

13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You may not see him getting out of the 4th round, but the average draft spot in Walter's consensus mock is 249. Which means mid 7th round.
    Once again, if you don't like Walter, it is a consensus from a number of boards, not just his.

14. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This guy would get killed in our system. He is not very mobile and he is small. I see his upside being similar to Chad Pennington. I could see a team with solid pass blocking taking him in the 4th or 5th

I live in Boise. I saw his whole career