1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kellen Mond? Please no

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Rollers, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Chris Simms has him rated higher than Fields and Lance. Don't agree with the former, but Simms has been pretty good at picking QB winners and losers the past few drafts.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    One of the issues with taking a developmental QB this year is that they’ll be facing the same situation that Mason did in 2018 where they are buried on the depth chart, no helmet on game days, very limited snaps in practice and preseason(if any) etc. How can anybody develop under those circumstances?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't know, I could be wrong, but I think if the Steelers had faith in Rudolph they would've given Ben the option to "retire". It would've been the perfect time in many respects.

4. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    just seems like there's no zip on his passes. I really question his arm strength

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    Yeah, when he subs for Ben you can tell the timing is off, jumps are off by the receiver, the ball floats higher than Ben's do

7. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    but that might be too much of a generalization, I have seen him really zip it, but overall I agree less zip than Ben, still would like to see him have a good camp

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I bet Pitt wishes he had even less zip in that game. LoL.
    I watched the whole highlight of that game.
    I don't get 2 see many of these inferior teams play.

LOL
    Little SEC humor. :smiley1:
    In reality though, the only teams I watch outside the SEC are, Ohio st, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Clemson. Unless the teams are playing the SEC.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    But he completed those floating deep balls. Just sayin. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    its not all about zipping it, receivers dont like it when you throw too hard, there has to be a middle ground - and I think, even though his throws have less "zip" than Ben's, he is on the right side of the fence as far as touch, after all receivers want a catchable ball not a missle that will hurt their hands

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

This guy could go early second round, his college career was up and down, the scouts are starting to hype him up.

12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    On NFL.com now they're saying Mills could be the 6th 1st round QB this year. Tbh, I like him better than Trask, but wouldn'tvtake him till the 3rd.

• Agree Agree x 1