1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keith Williams?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Feb 26, 2012.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As long as we are talking about former draft picks getting a camp invite does anyone know if Williams will be back? I know he was a project type of guard but Tomlin and Krugler liked his intensity. Anyone know if he stayed in Pittsburgh after he was cut. IF they are looking to get back to a power run game he might fit the bill more than and athletic type that can move in a zone blocking scheme.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he was signed by someone, if don't remember who

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    He was signed to Buffalo's practice squad the last I heard. Not sure if he got a "futures contract" from them after their season ended or what though. So who knows right now...

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought He had potential when we drafted him, but he didn't show much in preseason games. Looked better than Urbik though.

I would love to give him a shot, but he was with Buffalo on the PS....are Steelers able to sign him off Buffalo's PS???

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Once a teams season is over there are no more PS's...they have to sign everyone to futures contract...which locks them in with that team unless they are cut...so if he was signed to a futures then no...if he wasnt signed and is a FA, then yes they could sign him if they wanted to.