1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping up with old posts

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by CANTON STEEL, Nov 15, 2012.

1. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We use to simply click on a tab that took us to our old posts so we could see if anyone has replied to them. I noticed in "settings" there are links to "subscribed posts". Is this the new way of keeping track of them now? I mean I know I can search for the thread and click on the "first new post" and the "last post" for each thread but sad to say I can't always remember which threads to keep track of. :facepalm:

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If you create a new topic, or make a response to one, you're automatically subscribed to that thread. You can always choose to subscribe to one even without adding to it as well. Subscribed posts will stand out from the rest, so you can keep track of which threads you're actively following.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure, I never did that. :hmmm:

I actually just reset the subscription options in the back end, so it may have changed. There was a very similar subscription tool with the old forum software. Personally, I prefer not to have threads subscribed to by default, but that's just my personal preference. I could see how it could be useful to subscribe to updates of threads you've posted in though for keeping track. It is especially handy in the draft threads as you can have an update emailed, too.

You can click on your name and see the threads you've posted in your profile, too.

There are various options so it boils down to a matter of choice. My help is clear as mud. :lolol:

4. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks Ray, that is what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

@ TTF: Thanks. But i'm positive there use to be a tab that would list all of the past posts you made so you could easily scroll through them and check to see if anyone has replied. I can't remember what it was labeled though. But the subscribed posts option is basically the same I guess. Maybe the old forum was the same and i never knew I had subscribed to posts and what i was looking at were my subscribed posts? But you didn't have to go into settings to see them like now, there was a tab. No biggie.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I forgot to add that at the top of every page, there's a quick links menu item. You can see the subscribed threads there without going to your profile or settings.

6. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, quick redemption! You are still the man TTF! lol

I know it must seem awfully petty but I like that better. :)

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011