1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

KC will feel the Steelers wrath this week...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 26, 2016.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I really don't believe if the Steelers offense is on top of its game on Sunday night this week I don't believe this Chiefs offense can hang with the Steelers and score enough points. The Steelers I feel will win this game by 2 Td's if the offense and Ben are on top of their game. The Steelers win I feel 31-17.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's too early to unleash hell!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I like what you're feeling. Not sure I'm as confident as you are about that happening, but I like it.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Beat me to it. LOL more of Mike's BS.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If the Steelers win... it will be ugly. A field goal in the last minutes of the 4th quarter or OT. Eagles exposed a lot of warts on the Steelers and the Chiefs have similar schemes to exploit the Steelers weaknesses. I fear I'll have a headache by the 3rd quarter in this game. If the offense lays another egg... they're done. Patriots and Broncos are like Alabama and whoever is in 2nd place in the SEC. The AFC is the BCS... losing only puts you far behind and road teams do not win anymore in the AFC playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If they beat the Chiefs, I will be happy. The Chiefs are a good team and a playoff team from last year, might even be one again this year.
    You know the Steelers have the talent, but you know they can play bad enough to lose.

Hopefully we see an improvement.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If Kieth Butler continues to play soft zone no blitz defense then the Steelers will not win. Simple as that. They need to change that scheme or we will not be able to match their TD's against our FG's. You can be sure that if what we are doing is not working in the first half that there will be no half time adjustments so the game plan will remain the same. I hope we take our frustration out against the Chiefs but not very confident that they will. A rusty LeVeon Bell and a benched Williams probably won't make much of a difference.

Sorry for my glass half empty feeling about this but this team bought into the hype too much already.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The Steelers will win when Keith decides to send five guys more often considering these edge rushers clearly are not getting it done outside of a 38 year old living legend.

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I always stay away from the board for 48 hours following a loss. Considered staying away 96 hours after a loss like that.

I hope Tomlin and coaches don't break down and spend too much time on this film.

This game was an anamoly.

Injuries took a toll on defense and the offense was just plain bad. Bad drops. Poor throws. Bad oline play. Just a bad game all around.

Let's move on.

Now KC is a really good team with a great defense. I think we come back with a vengeance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yes thank you. Even the greatest teams have anamolys like this. Football is a game of inches, certain bad things go your way and you end up losing. This game had a lot of bad things.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sorry, but Harrison doesn't get a pass.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He is the only one who actually generates pressure. If they give Chickillo a shot.. perhaps he could too considering how many times he was also to do so.

... but they will not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I hate to be this person but when harrison DOES rush he gets held half the time. WHY DON'T THEY EVER CALL HOLDING ON HIM. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's probably scheme more than anything for the lack of pass rush.
    I love Harrison as much as the next guy, but no those guys are getting to the quarterback.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, they aren't blitzing, I'm too lazy to do the research but I guarantee they have blitzed very very little. Don't know why Butler is changing the formula from last year. Pressure covers up a weak secondary.

Is it because Burns and Davis are back there and he's giving them time to catch up? IDK, but he better start dialing up the blitzes.

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Like I said the other day they also have to go back to school on the way they blitz as well. It can't just be every man for himself when creating pressure. If you are designing a blitz that has Shazier or Timmons shooting the middle gap the NT and DE's can't also be trying to shed the block and get a sack. They need to engage the Oline and prevent them from closing the gap and disrupting the blitz. If you are running an overload blitz using two DB's they have to communicate. One takes the block the other goes for the sack. On Sunday they both got negated by one rb. If all JJ has is a bullrush line him up with Harrison or Moats or better yet Shazier let him push the tackle into the guard and let Deebo or Shazier have a straight shot at the QB. Not every blitz has to be a jail break blitz some can be so that a specific player gets the sack or generates the pressure.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

James is the one getting the most pressure out of any of them. As such... his ability to at least garner one sack holds the highest success.. which brings me to another point..

James Harrison really needs to have his snap count boosted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    our secondary isnt the problem, any secondary is exposed with no pass rush. Thats cause our secondary isn't great lol.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With the way Teams use the quick passing games it is a must that you build from the back to the front....QB'S will just throw the ball to quick for a rush to get there if your DB'S can't hold up for a few seconds...If we had the top 5 pass rushers in the NFL they would still look bad because our DB'S are that bad ....I do think we need it all , but we should start at the Safety spots then move to outside CB'S not slot CB'S and then to pass rushers....

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Except for the fact Moats has the only sack.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

A sack that should not count.. but it does due to the ruling of what quantifies as one.

Either way.. me and you can agree on the notion that Butler really needs to dial up some pressure against KC. I am not sure why he has not done it this year.... but it has to change come Sunday night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    They'd better. If they lay another egg, we're likely in for a long season.

24. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    They're living in their fears of giving up big plays, but sadly they're still giving up big plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I can tell you why he hasn't dialed up the pressure...The reason is we can't tackle with 7 guys how can he expect to tackle with 5 or 6 ? I feel bad for him because if he don't blitz we are going to get torched and if we do blitz we are going to get torched ....What we really need is at least 1 CB who can take his WR 1 on 1 this would allow us to send some heat as well as still play zone ...