1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

KC vs Jays and Cubs vs Mets

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 17, 2015.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Baseball is just a streaky sport really. I would like to say I agree with you that the Cubs are on the rise but really they are just the Cubs and until they prove that they can be consistently competitive I will just have to assume it will be a few more years before I see them in this position again. Addison Russell getting hurt was huge and multiple errors ensued because of it. If I were the Mets I wouldn't count on those things happening when they play the Royals or even the Jays for that matter. Don't get me wrong. They capitalized on the opponent's mistakes but ultimately I don't expect that many mistakes from the two teams left.

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Cubs bats went cold. The no leadoff streak was just ridiculous. It also didn't help that any single pitch the Mets threw was called a strike considering the Cubs hitters are extremely patient. It is beyond ridiculous to me that Maddon wouldn't be screaming for his guys to jump on the first pitch because it was almost always a strike right down the middle.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah the strikezone was stupid. Totally made our guys whiff on bad pitches. I don't know who paid those umps off because it was totally one sided.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I totally disagree with almost everything you just said except the Russell thing that hurt a lot. As a Met fan I understand the doom and gloom you are feeling but this isn't the usual Cub team. They have a super powerful lineup and all young guys. They have 2 good pitchers and I am sure they are gonna add at least one more big arm....I think Price. As far as errors go yeah you lost a good glove but last I checked he didn't play LF and there were some real bad plays there. Also Russell didn't hold runners on or throw down to 2nd as the Met's ran at will. We shall see what happens with the two teams left but again pitching makes things happen and the fact that the Met's lead the majors in pitches over 95 mph by like 1000 says a lot.

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not gonna disagree with the strike zone but it did go both ways and one pitch that stood out to me was game 3 Duda's 1st time up 1st pitch was so far outside it almost was off my screen.......strike one. That is just one example there were more and I agree it was bad but it was not one sided. Here is the thing I help coach HS baseball and coach a 16u travel team and I teach my kids if it is close and you know the ump is all over you gotta swing and deeper in the count your zone has to get bigger to protect. Blaming the ump is the cowered way out jmo, as BFT pointed out every 1st pich was right there......that wood thing in you hand SWING IT!!!!! Just sayin, go Steelers!

6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yes go steelers lol. Regardless of calls Cubs got their ass kicked and it sucked lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, one of the teams I was rooting for made it so I guess its go Royals!!!

I think the Mets magic carpet ride plummets to earth, KC is to tough a club to beat.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree. I think KC stomps them.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They are aggressive at the plate so the Mets arent going to get those gimmie first pitch strikes like they were.

Mets have a great staff though, should be a good battle.

10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I think mets win it all then Cubs next year

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah the Cubs literally just stood there and looked at perfect pitches. It was incredibly annoying given the strike zone was horrible.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Royals are gonna be tough I hope the days off don't affect the Met's(Murph) to much but it will help them young arms, Cespedes and Wright. The Met's middle relief is where I think this series will be won or lost, no faith in Clippard for sure. Win of lose either way I am so pumped up as a Met fan to even be sitting here today talking about it........Believe me winning would be so much better, lol!