1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

KC vs Jays and Cubs vs Mets

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not as expensive as SB tix. I sat behind home plate for the Yankees clinching WS game in 2009 and paid 500 bucks.

I think SB tix on average are about 2G's

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There were people paying $900 just to sit down the right field line at Wrigley. It's more of a supply and demand thing there though. I mean the Yanks are there WAY more than the Cubs and so obviously that drives the prices up greatly. I guarantee you home plate seats at Wrigley in a World Series would be VERY expensive.

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no idea yet. I won't know until the time comes. I can't pre-purchase them because I have to wait to see how the series unfolds. Like I said, I'll only go to a possible WS winning game. I'm hoping to spend much less than $1,000, but that's what I have set aside for a ticket

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    BFT don't give up, until the Mets win 4 games this series ain't over. Yes the cubs break hearts. This is a different team though. They are young. Don't give up just yet lol.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    A fellow fan came up at work today and said "Man we got this!" I was like "Dude...no..." LOL!

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Good grief how can these clowns just keep embarrassing themselves? We are the browns of baseball. Maddon just stands there staring aimlessly sucking sunflower seeds. We are 0-24 for the last leadoff at bats. There just are no words for how clueless we've played in this series. The Mets will get TOTALED by the Royals and I will be cheering for them to do it. The Cubs are a joke again. Beat a team 7 times to 0 in the regular season and then get swept. What a disgrace.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't understand sports psychology. Think about this. I've loved the Cubs my whole life. I can't think of a time I've not loved the Cubs. Ok so now consider this. They have broken my heart over and over and over and over and over and over.....and over. Now if you had ONE person in your life that had broken your heart even ONCE you may never wanna have anything to do with them anymore. But if they do it over and over you DEFINITELY wouldn't want to go back for more. Right? So WHY in sports do we keep pulling for people that constantly let us down? What kind of warped relationship dynamic is that? It is like the misery of loving someone that doesn't love you back. I feel like I love them but they sure don't love me. What is the deal with that people??? Please help me find something to help me cope!

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    It's only sports, and while that is important, it doesn't mean much in the overall big picture. I'm sure you, of all of us, understand and appreciate that. Just try to have enjoyed the great season they had and look forward to next year. It looks like KC should win it all.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I mean I try and put it in perspective that it really doesn't matter but you just can't like "emotionally detach" at the drop of a hat. If you could you wouldn't actually be a fan ya know? I really think that is the most accurate depiction of a true fan is the fact that they are someone that is actually "emotionally invested" in a team. People that are true fans just feel a sense of being let down when their favorite team doesn't play good. I think if you don't feel that sense of let down then you are not an actual fan. Even the most "level headed" guys on here still feel an incredible sense of being let down when the Steelers play bad. But yeah I've also helped in funerals of kids that have overdosed people who have died of cancer and things like that and that really puts "losing" in its proper perspective.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Wow not sure where all the hate for the Mets is coming from. The way I see it the Mets and Cubs are very similar as far as letting their fans down. The other thing is both teams have many young studs so this is just the start of a lot of success for both teams. But when you say things like the Yanks are the class of NY Baseball that is pure crap. Why cause they won a few WS in the 90's with some great players??? How about how they started this whole spending spree that made baseball into a rich teams sport? Come on now when a free agent became available everyone for years knew the Yanks were gonna sign them. How many years did the Yanks lead the league in salary, which by the way the Dodgers are now doing...... Oh and one more thing Citi Fiels capacity 41,800 Tuesday's game 44,500, yep Met fans didn't show up.

11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    BFT... Our cubbies just ran into superior pitching. Our stars(Jake Lester, rizzo Bryant) all choked. The umps we're down right horrific. Luck was not on our side. What can ya do? It's been 12 years being heartbroken for the Cubs and 26 for my older bro. Cubs are Cubs. At least steelers are good lol

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not just superior pitching though. Look at how many ground balls we have let go by us. Look at how many errors we've committed. How many stolen bases we've given up. We've done just as much to beat ourselves without needing the help of the Mets. That's what really ticks me off the most.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Yankees win championships. People can say they've "bought" their championships if they want to but the fact is that they've also done a lot for baseball and for the history of the game. The Yankees are synonymous with the very word "baseball". A lot of people that don't know anything about baseball know about Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Roger Maris, Joe Dimaggio, Derek Jeter, Paul O'Neil and a ton of other players. When I think "mets" I think of Mike Piazza's metrosexual looking mustache and Bill Buckner handing them a World Series. Besides that right now two of their pitchers look like 14 year old girls and I don't see how that endears them to any baseball fan. When they play the Royals they will get crushed. We've made them look MUCH better than they are. I mean Cahill sent them to home plate last night by putting a pitch in the dirt that got away from Montero. As a Cubs fan you can't say "next year" though because they've proven that "next year" very RARELY pans out. It's only other teams that have that luxury.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think a better question is do you bash your loved ones every time they make a mistake :lolol:

Exactly.

And the whole argument of buying championships is absurd. They had the luxury of retaining their core players but when they really started going after every FA, they didnt win anymore. The Mets are no strangers to being among the highest spenders, in 2008 and 09, they were 2nd, behind only the Yankees and hovering in top 5 for several other years. If it wasnt for the Wilpons losing all their money because of Madoff, the Mets would still be right there among highest payrolls. And they will be among the highest spenders again if they want to keep this team together.

This city belongs to the Yankees, always has and always will, just way to much history for the Mets to overcome. Hell, the only reason the Mets even exist is because Robert Moses wouldn't grant the Dodgers owner permission to build a new stadium here.

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Well BFT. I have prepped ham salad for tonights game. (It's a prosportsdaily/cubs) thing. Who knows, 4 straight may be in the books. Remember, im naturally the negative nancy.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok so because the Yanks win championships that makes the Mets bums????? Ok so what does that make your cubs then? If your mad cause the Mets are beating your Cubs fine but that don't make them bums. Honestly I think we may be seeing a lot of each other for years to come cause both teams have some good young talent. If you hate the Mets for some other reason fine thats cool but I guess you and I will be butting heads here.....at least on the baseball side, go Steelers!

Now onto the Yanks, first I want to say I do not like the yanks but do respect them. Now so many people are quick to point out the Yanks 27 rings and the title's they won in 96, 98-2000 is freakin impressive and not to mention done with a lot of home grown talent. What I am going to point out right now is how them other 23 are just a little over-hyped if that is the right word. Before the 60's the yanks won 19 of their 27 championships, which by the way there was a different kind of system. Before the 60's there was less then 20 teams and the way I have read it there was no playoffs you won your division you went straight to the world series. Again not taking anything away from the Yanks what they did in the 70's and 90's was incredible, hats off.

Yankees, Baseball and history yeah all goes together I am not gonna deny that. The Yanks have some great history and some of the greatest players to ever play the game, but again that does not make the Mets bums........ GO METS!!!!!!!

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Growing up in NY during the early to mid 80's I remember NY being quite the Met town. I was lucky enough that I was able to have season tickets(not mine) to both the Yanks and Mets from 83-85. You know when both teams sucked, but that 85 season changed a lot and NY became a Met town till about 89-90. The Met run was short lived but I did want to point that out. Listen I have been a Met fan for a long time we have always been the little brother...maybe even the adopted one and I will be the first to say that our ownership sucks. We spent crazy money on players that just weren't worth it, heck we are still paying Bobby Bo. Why cause our ownership has always tried to compete with the Yanks and plain and simple couldn't. I just hope this isn't a one and done I am hoping this young pitching can carry us for many years and we aren't the laughing stock anymore.........

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Unfortunately, I remember the 80's Yankees and Steelers all to well.

Mets have a good young club, pitching has been lights out this postseason.

Cubs are going out with a whimper, poor poor BTF :lolol:

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah but I will get sweet consolation when a real team like the Royals play these guys who are nothing but lucky and bring them back to earth. If the mets do manage to win it all they should give a ring to the cubs for basically forfeiting. I wonder if they gave one to Buckner in 86? LOL!

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Mets are the classic team that just gets hot at the right time. They are making Murphy out to be the Babe and Mickey Mantle combined. Yeah he got on a lucky hot streak and honestly I really admire him personally. But the Mets are just not the same franchise that the Cubs are. The Cubs just have some of the most devoted and passionate fans in all of sports and to see them get this close and then totally choke to a team that we owned hardcore in the regular season is just disgraceful. The Cubs deserve to lose and the Mets deserve to win but you could see tons of empty seats at those Mets home games. You don't see that at Wrigley. I think the Royals will demolish them and I will root for that to happen because I VERY rarely root for the "hot" team in any sport because I don't think a championship should be based on luck. The mets are flat out lucky. There were bullets that were literally hit right at them. There were routine grounders that our guys just couldn't handle. In NY the mets had a strike zone somewhere in the Hudson but the Cubs didn't get the same courtesy. It took a lot of things going wrong at the right time for them and it did. I think that runs out against the Royals. Best of luck though and it's nothing personal against you. I just love the Cubs and am sick of them screwing over their fanbase.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Bwahahaha! I'm soooooo glad the Cubs got spanked.

• Like Like x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I am not questioning the cubs fan base and I am not gonna sit here and compare Met's/Cubs fans. What I will tell you is you way off base as to call the Mets bums, especially as you sit here and say you admire Murph. The Mets have good if not great young talent, some class acts like Wright, Murph and Grandy. This team is not made up of a bunch of jerks or as you say bums.

Now to the other point the Met's are lucky???? I will not say they aren't but to say this team is all luck your crazy. Murph is hotter then hell right now, he hit 14 in regular season so for him to have done what he has is great yeah maybe a little lucky not gonna argue there. Also go back and look at the streak Duda had during the season, streaks are not uncommon to this team. While your doing that look what the Met's have done since they made all the moves.....pretty much they were the hottest team in baseball since. As for the 0-7 during the regular lets not forget it was all before the moves.

You can root however you want it don't matter and I understand you are a mad Cub fan tha'ts fine but you know what the Met's are the better team like it of not. Now next year that all may change cause the Cubs are on their way up for sure they have tons of talent and they need a sp. Maybe they can get one that can throw to 1st for less then 152 mil.....just saying.

Every team that wins has luck no doubt but to keep pointing out that the Met's are all luck and are bums is just out right wrong.

23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    how dare you lol. Cubs will be back. They were bottom 3 last year and look at the huge turnaround. Retool in the offseason and they will be contenders again. I will now root for KC or TOR.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    At least they took down the Cards and Buccos before they did but it's still lame to watch them beat two teams with better records and then lose to a team they beat 7 times.

25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    It's the nature of baseball. They also beat Greinke and Kershaw. Mets pitching rotation is ridiculous, and they got a lot of things going their way. They did something in the trade deadline and Cubs didn't. Murphy is on roids, seriously something up with that guy lol. I said all series "walk him walk him walk him". Cubs never did and he made everyone pay. Cubs will be back, they have some money to spend to contend again.