1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

KC vs Jays and Cubs vs Mets

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    1 win down, Cubs up next for theirs tonight. Should be 2 really good series. Cubs and Mets is very intriguing, 2 tortured franchises, see who gets another dagger in the heart.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's what scares me. We beat the Mets 7 times to 0 in the regular season. I REALLY hope we go in there not thinking we're gonna coast. I say the Royals are gonna get by the Jays. I really could see the Royals winning it all after last night.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maddon wont let them think that way, hes a good manager. I think its going to be KC vs Cubs too but I also didnt think the Jays would come back from 2 down against Texas.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Cubbies look like hot garbage at the plate tonight so far. I just have a really bad feeling about this series. It would just be in total Cubs fashion to beat a team that won more games than us and then lose to a team that we beat 7 straight times. It will also suck to lose to Carrot Top's little sister deGrom.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Then Rizzo hits one as soon as I say that and ties it. LOL.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Same old Cubs. Beat a great team and then lose to a bunch of scrub bums. Wow.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you realy expect them to sweep? Youre too much :lolol:

Mets are far from a scrub team.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mets got better than the 0-7 team we faced. We also lost the 1st game vs cards. Cubs hit a lot of hard balls that were luckily caught. Bryant also dropped a double play. It happens and we got Jake the snake today.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Jays will win 3 in a row at home, but it's going to be tough for them to go into KC and win unless they stop leaving runners on base. They have to stop going for the long ball every at bat. That doesn't work in KC.

I'd like to see the Cubs make it, but I'm going to go with the Mets. I think they're currently the better team.

10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Mets really aren't though lol

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No. I expected them to lose because they are the Cubs. LOL! It still hurts to watch them show up and just look so dang flat. Tomlin needs to get them fired up... oh. LOL! Freudian Slip. The last time the Mets won it all it took Bill Buckner to help them. It looked like last night we had a whole team of Bill Buckner's. Honestly though the Mets just had a ton of balls bounce their way and made great defensive plays. The thing that gives me the most hope is that SURELY we can't play that bad again. Hopefully. It kills me that Bryant can't play on the road like he can at Wrigley. Rizzo is not as good on the road either. I'm proud of Schwarber though. He's already really good and he's just gonna get better. I can't wrap my head around Lester being paid $155 million though.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hes Theo's boy, brought him to the Redsox and now to the Cubs. Might have been thinking more with his heart than head on that contract. He stuck a dagger in the hearts of Yankee fans on a number of occasions, hopefully he can do the same to Mets fans.

The series should be evened up with JA going next, dont see him going two bad outings in a row.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope the Royals pound these pansy looking mets in to the ground. They've got a loser fanbase that won't even show up when they're going to the World Series. Tons of empty seats behind home plate for them. I seriously wish Maddon would just forfeit the series to keep these bums from celebrating on Wrigley. Typical Cubs. Pick your fans up only to drop them hard. Arrieta's run is clearly over. Now all we have are 2 journeyman pitchers except for one getting paid $155 million. Great. The Cubs are just nothing more than the browns of baseball.

14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    haha Blount.... it's easy to be mad. But hey.. Cubs weren't even supposed to make it this far. Yes Jake is struggling but he is also fatigued, clearly too many innings. Lester is good but never gets run support. The series isn't over... just ask the 2004 Red sox. Likely we win the series? No, but it ain't over til the Mets win 4 games. They have the superior pitching. I was rooting for KC last year so if Cubs don't make it I will again. Lets be happy the Steelers are doing alright lol

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    My buddy was texting me last night and he was madder than I was. I know the Cubs are pretty much always gonna lose but they don't even look like they give a crap right now.

16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    It's not that they don't give a crap... they have a lot of rookies going against solid vets. They were riding in all the way. It was a fun season! Sometimes you get bested. Cubs just have been getting bested for 107 years. It sucks, but life doesn't end in fairytales sometimes. :/

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, you can start panicking now :lolol:

See if they can pull it together at Wrigley.

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Too little too late. They only get 3 at Wrigley and I see no way they get one in NY. I hope every billy goat in America suffers a horrible fate. LOL!

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    No faith lol. Harvey has a swollen arm

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh I have a ton of faith but it's just that it's more on the negative side than the positive because I feel that history vindicates it. LOL.

21. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    This is the Jays team I'm used to watching.

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I will be pulling for the AL when the Cubs lose for SURE! I would really rather it be the Royals since some of the Jays stuff lately has rubbed me wrong but I will take either of them over the bum Mets winning it all. The Yankees will always be the class of New York baseball to me.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If the Jays make it are you gonna try and go to a World Series game? The tix for the Cubs just in the DIVISIONAL round were outrageous. I'd be interested to see the ticket prices. Some of the NLDS prices were comparable to Super Bowl tickets!

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I paid $280 for nose bleed tickets to game 5 of the ALCS. If the Jays make it to the show, I've got $1,000 set aside for any possible World Series winning game. I won't go to any games unless it's possible they can win it all. It's just too expensive.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Where would $1,000 put you?