1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kareem Hunt...

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Pick him up...Half joking lol...But one would think the Chiefs have just dropped a couple notches

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm guessing this will be moved to to General NFL Talk like the others, but it does affect the Steelers. The current top seed in the AFC is significantly weakened by cutting Hunt. This is also a break for the Ravens, who play in Kansas City next week. The toughest game remaining on Baltimore's schedule just got a hell of a lot easier.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Normally I’ll say kc still wins but this nfl is weird

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I still think they win out. But I dont have them as the prohibitive favorite anymore. Only good thing for them is they are younger and will be a force for years to come so this isnt a window is closed for a sb year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Waiting to the Bungles to pick him up and pair with Mixon. Two peas in a pod. They can blame it on Hue.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh Boy, this young man made a terrible mistake.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As soon as I saw it I said the Steelers have a chance but now I think the Houston Texans have a shot at their first Super Bowl.

I can see it now a Texas defensive battle, Cowboys/Texans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So glad the chiefs did the right thing !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Isn't this from this spring?

They waited until this video gets released and they face blowback to do this? Are we to believe they thought it was nothing serious until the video came out? Why did it take this long for the Police to release this and say they had reviewed the tape and decided not to charge anyone?

If he's not there in week 2, do the Steelers ultimately win that game?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He's on the exempt list until the league finishes it's investigation, I would imagine after they investigate he will get a 1 year suspension, so dont expect to see him play again for a long time and right now no team can sign him while he's on the exempt list.....

The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am curious could they be penalized for using this player for 11 games?

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp. I had Houston as the #1 seed preseason and liked my chances of them going. But I really like them with kareem hunt out.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No because the video is the only reason he's being punished like he is. No video and hed be playing Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But I cant even say they are done. I thought the eagles were done when Wentz got hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Absolutely. The Chiefs didn't do anything until they were forced to due to exposure by the media. KC knew what he did, he knew what he did, the police knew what he did, but not the media. It seems teams will let anyone play regardless of what they have done as long as it is not made public. Winning is the only thing that matters to some organizations so look for someone to pick him up right after the band of misfits called the NFLPA appeals this. The union has to show its doing something with the dues their paid.

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Dont you remember it wasnt a big deal with ray rice untill the video showed up, showing him punching his girl friend and dragging her off the elevator, that video ended his career if you recall.....

17. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    It was nice career while it lasted.

Some coach once said " Nothing good ever happens at 3 am"

Kicking a woman when she has already been knocked down could end it for him. What team wants that video replayed if they attempt to sign him assuming the Chiefs have the balls to cut him.

There is no explaining away this behavior with pat answers like I made a bad decision. Really did you think about it first!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Jesus that's shady. Hopefully an investigation into the cops actions is completed. I'm not one to call for someone to lose their job, but that should definitely be on the table for those cops. Hunt should have been arrested and charged at the time. Clearly that's a very NFL team friendly hotel and the manager didn't want to screw that up.

It does lead me to believe that just maybe the Chiefs and the NFL didn't actually know the true story . If the police covered if up at the scene, then the Chiefs might only have known the official story and not the truth

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's a shame, with so many teams in need of a kicker...….

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    NFL channel has not mentioned it this morning, i assume they have their orders;)

22. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Regardless ,they did the right thing.I'm sure a lot of teams would have kept him on ..I'd be ashamed to be a fan of that team (that would have kept the player),thats all I'm saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Its Cleveland for crying out loud. The police are just following their city's franchise football teams level of competence.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm too cynical to believe that the chiefs and Goodell didn't know the whole story and make a deal that if/when the video went public the chiefs would have to cut ties w/Hunt. That's just me though...

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Tyreek Hill did something too! I just know he did. KC better just go ahead and release him too, just to be safe. That Mahomes guy also looks shifty.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1