1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kahn signed another wr

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This wasn't the best year to be trading away Johnson. Sure, there are plenty of receivers in the draft, but the free agent market is thin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

the DJ situation was complicated, as we all well documented.

we got a starting CB, another serious area of need.

the draft is 4 weeks away, Khan is not finished, IMO.

we will watch and see

I am going to bet Boyd chills out his demands (he and his agent wise up) and that is the fish we land. But even if not, there are still other 'play makers'

God knows DJ did not make many plays the past 3 years! just look at the numbers and watch the games. he was very talented and he under-performed.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I get all of that. I've been as critical of Johnson as anybody. He gives up on plays and too often doesn't work to get open once plays start to break down. Even with all those flaws, he was a big part of the offense that they haven't adequately replaced.

Johnson is a better player than Jackson. Of course Khan may still sign or trade for a viable replacement for Johnson, but as of now, they are worse off without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yes - as of right now - yes. Roster is not completed, of course.

but scheme will be 180 degree change too. the goal is to score points - we weren't doing any of that with DJ as starting WR. not blaming him - he just was not dominating.

we won't miss him. his production will easily be made up by other WR's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Replacing his ability will take more than just the 51 receptions of last season. Keep in mind that he missed four games and the expectation is that the overall offense should be better. Other than Pickens, they don't have anyone on the roster close to Johnson's level of ability.

6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Must be a tough call at times

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Does Patterson get playing time at Wr, I hope.

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, except that he's a RB, maybe.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think he has ever been an impact player at receiver. He is no better as a receiver than Jefferson or Watkins.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's 33 years old, his role will probably be jet sweeps and a few runs a game.

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    His first 5 years in the league he played WR, it was Belichick who because of injuries in the backfield switched Patterson to a full time RB.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

They may try to trade the #20 pick and move back a few spots to draft a guy they really like, plus add an additional pick they can use to draft another player or use as a piece they can use to move up to grab a targeted player.

Obviously, nobody knows how the players will come off the board on draft day, and we have no idea what their draft board looks like.. Just a thought on how they may handle it if they think they can slide back and still get their guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Here we go, I got one. WR Kadarius Toney for DE DeMarvin Leal???

I believe both these players were "Healthy" scratches for the playoffs in 2023. I mean if you are going to leave a healthy player inactive on game day, what is the point of even having him on the team?

Both players still on their rookie contracts, and you would assume the Steelers would not pick up Toney's 5th year option for 2025. For Toney it would be a nice way to get away from KC, where he has failed miserably, and for Leal it would be a much-needed change to a 4-3 defense.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure they could get him, but why? He has had a few moments in the playoffs, but for the most-part, he is an injury-prone, inconsistent headache.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Steelers fans bash Diontae for dropping passes, Toney is worse.

16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Nice to see a little Chark movement in the rumor mills for coming to Pittsburgh.

Also, not sure what to make of this story on JuJu. Why is the post in a foreign language? Is this post by an AI? Curtidas?