1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just who will be the BPA @15

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Wardismvp, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As are old buddy KC says,Steelers draft BPA
    not by need. Lets see how this plays out.
    Should be interesting. Will the Steelers make a deal or hold tight?With us being underwhelming
    in the FA period, I think the pressure has gone
    way up on KC/MT.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if gilbert is there ,he is the pick

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I would narrow the BPA loosely based on need could come down to WR Mike Evans, WR Marqise Lee, LB CJ Mosley, LB Ryan Shazier, CB Justin Gilbert, CB Darqueze Denanrd, TE Eric Ebron & NT Louis Nix.

I think OT could be a need, but I think the consensus Top 3 will be gone and I think there's enough question marks surrounding Kouandjio not to take him at #15.

Where KC & MT are starting to feel a little heat, I can't see them going with Nix. I don't personally think Dennard is a Top 15 or Top 20 type of pick, but the Steelers may. I like Clinton-Dix but I couldn't conceive the Steelers taking a S this early. I'm just not as high on Ebron as some and he may not even be around. Evans & Gilbert are long shots to still be around at #15. I think you could make a good case for the others.

Barring a trade, I think one of the names above will be a Steeler.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Mosley, Evans, Lewan, Shazier, Ebron, maybe someone like Zack Martin or perhaps Jernigan. Best CB on the board in their eyes...

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Its not just BPA or need but combo that creates value and the best value is the pick.

If our top 3 needs are OLB-DL-CB and when our pick come up the top 3 BPA are WR-TE-CB then the CB selection has the most value and should be the pick. You also have to add in depth of position. If CB is deep in talent and OLB is left wanting then OLB automatically becomes weighted as a bigger need simply due to a lack of choices. Draft OLB 1st then come back later and get the next BPA @ CB later.

Now if the BPA is a position of your greatest need then you move up to make that pick OR if the top 3 BPA are all positions that are NOT a position of need then you trade back and acquire picks- this is value maximized.

Cajun-

6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Going out on a limb here but..

Eric Ebron will be the best player on the board when we pick, IMO

7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    My pick also, although I see the Lions
    taking him, Hence that is why I ask in the original
    post will the Steelers move ?

8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    If they move they should move back and acquire more picks. If not, they stay @ 15 I'm going to go out on a limb and say...................
    ....Anthony Barr will fall to #15 due to a run on QBs, WRs, OT & CB. Both Safeties may be gone as well as Ebron or Mosely.

Barr is a top 10 talent and @ #15 we'll have a steal.

You heard it 1st people!!!!

Cajun-

9. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    demented
    and sad
    but social

we don't need no stinkin TE

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure there will be a run on QB's, I was reading where teams are disenchanted with this years crop. If that happens, the guys we covet might be all gone, could be looking at a trade back scenario.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Evans or Gilbert are the 2 players I want, if they are both gone I would trade down if possible.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ebron is going to be a special player, I think he will be like Pouncey and become one of the best at his position day one. He probably has the most sure hands of all receivers and has the size too. We could scratch tall receiver off the list and also have a transition from Heath Miller in one shot.

Just because he is a TE don't pigeon hole him. He may just be the tall receiver Ben is asking for.

At WR I think the only one I want at 15 is Sammy Watkins because he is pro ready day one.

at 15 there can't be any learning curve, they need to play day one.

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I just don't see them going ilb in the first. They seem to be really high on Williams/Garvin and Spence is a huge wild card.

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Trading back? Oh well see how it plays out.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know about a run either but I have heard that the Browns are looking at Johnny football and Broyles(sp) The Vikings are enamored with Carr and the Raiders already know what they are going to do withe the QB position. so at least three of four Qb's could go in the first round.

16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    css is a southeastern sports station and they have us linked to him at 15. they seem to think its a no-brainer for us to take him. they also said he can play in the slot. is that true cause I haven't seen him do that but Carolina isn't one on my favorite teams to watch.

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I am also starting to wonder if Anthony Barr could slip to #15. He could be the guy this year that noone thought would make it, but does. I know its tough to go OLB in back to back years, but he is definitely a talent.

18. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I will do a second post with who I think the BPA will be, but the premise here is wrong IMO. The Steelers don't draft BPA purely. They draft BPA within the parameters of their need positions. This year's need positions are currently:

DE
    CB
    WR

We still have some time left before we can really narrow this down to who they should be taking. We needs guys at other positions as well, but right now these positions are probably the most glaring that lack a needed starter.

19. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I think the best player left will probably be Ebron.

I think the most likely for us to draft are:

Dennard - CB = I would still prefer Gilbert, but I don't think he will be there.

Benjamin - WR = Odell Beckham seems to be getting a lot of hype, but I think we already have him. Marquis Lee I'm not sold on. Another, I would prefer Evans, but I don't see how he lasts that long unless he gets caught smoking pot or banging some underage girl.

Hageman - DE/DT = He is the guy I would take at this particular position on the field at the moment. I haven't watched much tape on Jernigan and don't know how he translates to our D. I know we were at the Pro Day of FSU so maybe we saw something we like, I don't know. I am not an Aaron Donald fan for this team. Obviously if Clowney was there I would have to consider him, but he will be gone.

Offensively, I think the FO will stay away from QB and Oline. That leaves RB, TE, and WR. IMO, WR is the only position which could use a 1st rounder THIS year with TE needing one eventually but less so now that Heath is extended.

Defensively, I think almost any position could be looked at, but I feel DE and CB are the 2 major ones right now. I do not yet have a clear understanding as to how they feel about the ILB position or the OLB depth, but I think we have our starters there for a while.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Is it wrong for nightmares of Bruce Davis to sour any UCLA OLB for me?????

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt they would draft OLB at #15 to sit the bench, that would be a lot of money tied up in the OLB position.

22. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    No. I have the same exact thoughts.

23. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    As opposed to all the defensive players they draft that start RIGHT AWAY???

He'd be an awesome pick.

24. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    The only way we take an OLB IMO is if the guy is on the "can't miss" list AND they don't believe Worilds can be signed long-term or that Jones is actually going to succeed or stay on OLB with the potential to move him to ILB.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Barr is far from a sure thing, there are bigger needs that to be addressed at #15 like WR and CB.