1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just flew back to So Cal from the Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Absolutely amazing amount of Steeler Nation represented at this game. I'm sure you saw it on TV but the noise and visual impact at the stadium was just as loud if not more so for the Steelers than the Cards. It started with the flight from So Cal to Phoenix where hundreds of Steeler gear wearing fans jammed both airports. And then all the car rental booths in Phoenix and then all the restaurants in and around Glendale (suburb of Phoenix where the stadium is located) on Saturday night and then again Sunday morning and then every entrance to the Stadium before the game. The players recognized it early and stirred the crowd into action just like a home game. Everywhere we went the locals could not believe what they were seeing and said they have never seen another teams fans take over so much of the City in such a short time.

Thankfully the team didn't disappoint and provided much to cheer about. The hospitality industry must love it when the local team hosts the Steelers.

As promised, I left my voice in Phoenix and only left with the fondest of memories. Can't wait to watch the DVR. You miss so much in person. Now we're all planning on heading north to Frisco in December. Hopefully the Niners will have their division all sewn up by then and we have plenty of seats to choose from and take over.

The "Bomb" was spectacular live. Wallace runs faster then I can turn my binoculars.

Now some sleep!

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Sounds like it was a great game to be at!

You couldn't help but notice the masses of Steelers fans at the game from the TV. It reminded me a little of that scene on the Superbowl 40 DVD, when we're playing the Vikes, and Farrior's saying something like "I didn't know we had a dome stadium..."

:herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!:

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    boy, i bet your arms are tired? :roflmao: :cool:

4. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Its like the Steelers play 16 home games! I think we travel the best out of all the teams in the NFL.

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I did notice the Steelers fans were much louder than the cards fans :thumbsup:

6. shamyhay

shamyhay Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wife and I were watching the game, on the great catch by Miller in the first quarter, she thought there was a penalty because everyone was cheering after he made the catch! :herewego!:

7. Macbroker

Macbroker New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I came up from Tucson. It was like a home game! Glad when we get the Cardinals on the schedule. :swordsman: