1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just don't see us winning Sunday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 20, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well...

This was a good thread but...

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It needs real steel.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok BBH, you can't just start posts so you can respond to them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Thanks for that pessimistic appraisal of the situation. Don`t let the door hit ya on the way out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Go back to the Dallas board, only Steeler fans allowed on this sacred site. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm sorry I make you sad but I was spot on in my assessment. I'll bet I have 20 years on you and my football IQ is leaps and bounds above yours which is why I made that comment. This team overachieved, it was a great season but everything I said was true, and it seems some can handle the truth. Artie Burns will get only slightly better, not his fault as he isn't a cover corner, he is too big and is physically incapable of running and speed and changing direction quickly, good in zone but that is it. Cockrell played most of the season above his actual ability but he is slow for a CB and has tackling issues and gets torched playing in man coverage. With Cam Heyward out it leaves Hargrave and Tuitt, as the only good d-linemen and when they have to play every snap they will get tired and then you can bust inside runs. So a decent o-line that doesn't have to double team has more than enough guys to pick up LBers rushing the QB, so no pressure with no coverage leads to a lot of points. This game was easy to see as long as you looked at the football aspect and take the fan bias out, the only time we beat the pats was when we had a decent cover safety in Troy, and a guy who could play man coverage for 3 seconds in Ike, along with a better D-line and a good Woodley on one side and a younger JH on the other, this team has nobody in the secondary capable of playing in a scheme that you have to be able to play. Have you ever watched this team without black and gold glasses? There is talent but they often look like they don't practice and that is lack of focus and that is the coach. Bellicheat beat the Steelers with guys like Chris Hogan, and Edelman, our secondary wasn't capable of even defending 1 pass. So I made a prediction, do you think I liked that? I said I'd put it on the DVR and wait for the outcome because as a loyal fan I knew that game would be too painful to watch as I know how truly bad the secondary on this team was and is and will be for some time. I'm sorry my prediction made you sad, I wish I was wrong but I understand Xs and Os and we just didn't have the coaches or the talent to match up against what we were playing against.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol i was messing around but sadly right :(