1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just don't see us winning Sunday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He doesn't actually engage in anything though after making his posts. Posts and drives away until the next negative post.

Drive by doom and gloom poster.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And yet this troll gets 74 replies :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Which just fuels the troll fire even more since he claims to be from Cheshire CT and the Cheshire Cat would randomly show up, troll Alice, then leave when asked for an explanation for the stupid things he would say in Lewis Carroll's Alice stories which Lewis Carroll was from Cheshire England which means that Real Steel is trying to be the Cheshire Cat. I've solved the riddle. We're all mad here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hard to disagree with your last sentence. :goofy:

• Like Like x 1
  5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think he's overrated, he was a very good coach. Some fans want to put him on the Mt. Rushmore of HC, too many playoff failures for me especially 1994 AFCCG :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    and we should not need to go for 2
    dammit

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Probably because Ben threw 2 ints in the SB.

9. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Yep
    my right elbow still reminds me of that failure
    THANKS COWHER!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Yep, he's one and done. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

*giggle*

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    When keeping it real goes wrong. Darcrav I'm loving the C.O.C reference. I shall jam them in cellebration tonight!

15. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Did you get your eyes checked?

17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I couldn't have been more wrong about that game. wow Nice showing by the entire team, especially from the 3 B's and our OLB's. The best win Tomlin has had in 5+ years. They did 2 things IMO that had to happen...#1 take an early lead. #2 stop Ajai.

I thought the only way they beat the Dolphins was by taking an early lead, just wasn't confident they could do it. By looking at our most recent games we struggled offensively and we couldn't' stop the run. We have a HC that struggles to get a team ready for games when heavily favored. All of this added up to IMO to a typical steelers loss. The team clearly knew this and was prepared. That was nice to see, my opinion of this team is quickly changing.

The only mountain IMO they have to climb yet is correcting the inconsistency this team shows, especially from Ben. That game was closer then the score indicated. Harrison's big strip IMO decided the game. If KC scores there it could have been a 20-13 game heading into half time with Miami getting the ball. I wonder how Miami responds if it was a one score difference. It was especially nice to see the defense show up in the 2nd half and slam the door. Harrison and Dupree were amazing. I've said many times I think this defense is 1 or 2 play makers from being great. Dupree could be that playmaker? I think we still need an upgrade at NT and the secondary before we have a top 5 defense. Cockrell scares the hell out of me and is easily our weakest link on defense. Mitchell can be a liability at times as well.

I don't know what to expect vs KC. KC should be favored in this game. Winning a playoff game in KC is a tall order in itself. That place is deafening. I think we have more talent but they are clearly the more disciplined team. They protect the ball better than we do and they create turnovers. If I'm betting $, I'd take the chiefs in this game. For 2 reasons. Turnovers and Special teams. Our ST's is maybe the worst in the league. KC's ST's is one of the best. Ben is throwing INT's at an alarming rate recently. As soon as Ben gets flustered he's forcing passes and not even seeing defenders. Ben has lost discipline. He's making stupid mistakes you'd expect to see from a rookie QB, not a HOF caliber veteran. He has to take better care of the ball. The other issue is how healthy is Ben? The play that injured Ben should have never been allowed to happen. It's clear this team reflects Tomlin's personality. We lose focus easily and struggle with details. Why do I say this? Just look at our ST's unit and look at our inability to play 4 quarters of good ball. Why was Ben in that game in the first place? This is why we have a tendency to lose to bad teams. Who exploits these issues better than anyone? the patriots. So I hope the texans can pull off an upset.

18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    C'mon Real, come back and say something now that the game is over and the Steelers handled the Dolphins mightily.