1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just don't see us beating the Chief's next week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They should replace renegade with something like walk from Pantera or damage inc from Metallica. Something with some stones.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I concur. Affleck is awesome.. Really liked him in that Geico commercial

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Affleck really? man.... I rather go back talking about how we will lose to KC

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree....

Any pre-1991 Metallica song would do... Blackened, Battery, Damage Inc, Creeping Death, Fight Fire with Fire. Pantera also has some good ones of Vulgar Display and Far Beyond Driven albums.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If we are talking pre '91, do not forget songs like "Raining Blood" from Slayer or "Wake Up Dead" by Megdeth.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    "A New Level" works well, especially the chorus "a new level of confidence and power." The verse lyrics may need some bleeping though...

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He was good in Dazed & Confused. Although Wooderson was the best. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    This is a good thread. Upbeat and positive. .Love the movie ideas. Keep it coming boys and girls. .More movie suggestions

10. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    It should have been Affleck in an Aflac commercial.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think RPO Z3PO is going to be in the next Star Wars Saga...'The Steelers DB'S Strike Back' starring Ross Cockrell with his 18 yard cushion and .25 yards per snap ...

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I kind of fell for the Chiefs hype as well but looking at their schedule.. They lost to Bucs. Beat Raiders by 7. Lost to Titans. Blew out the Broncos, who disappeared at the end of the season. Then beat Chargers by 10. Nothing super impressive.

Now getting to Week 4. I rewatched the game. It will definitely not be the same game. Both teams have improved but I think we have improved more. Hill is a X factor and Steelers have to shut him down. I think Steelers need to take a Clemson approach last night and make every punt and kick-off not returnable. Willing to sacrifice 10-20 yards in field position on punts as long as he doesn't get his hands on it. Also, they have a new corner. The one who tweeted/running his mouth to AB. They don't have a real running threat. Averaging about 80 yards a game. The issue is when Hill runs for 80 yards in a game with reverses and other things. That means they are relying on Alex Smith and his arm which is a plus imo. He seems to be clicking more but I think we can shut him down. He's the type of QB Steelers usually do well against. They got a true home field advantage.

Now getting to us.. Week 4, we blew them out without Dupree and Green. Hopefully Green can play that would be a huge X factor. It was Bells first game back and he didn't really go off, another plus for us. Obviously the defense as a whole has got a lot better since Week 4. Rookies have got better with PT. D-line and linebackers playing a lot better. Receiving core is playing better as a whole.

It's going to be a totally different game. Both teams have improved but I think we have improved more. They should win this game and if they don't it will fall on bad coaching imo.

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    :this!::clapping::thumbs up::amen::clap::hardrock::th thgoodpost::yeehaw:

14. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure how much of an X factor he's gonna be.... as discussed in some other thread... it feels like they are not using him in a way to compliment the offense (i.e. neither as a decoy/decoyed player nor as a blocker). Has been any more serviceable than the other TEs on the roster when he's been available.

Having said that... what has this to do with Star Wars or Ben Afleck??? :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  16. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I love pico de gallo on my quesodillas.

• Like Like x 1
  17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    corn or flour tortillas?
    thats important too

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    :scratch:

They can't use somebody who is unproven as a decoy and they didn't bring him to Pittsburgh to block.

19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    fresh jalapenos not canned or jarred

20. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Haha Crav... it's all about the flour power.

21. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    corn for me
    but
    i love flower power