1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jury's in - Steelers heading to their 9th SB.........

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 21, 2017.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    ........well, at least according to this CBS sports writer.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...ot-patriots-can-be-the-afc-favorites-in-2017/

After reading this article and very optimistic analysis, this writer plots out how and why Steelers will knock off Pats this next season. Sounds very convincing.....only problem is it's full of "well this guy and that guy will be healthy this time around and it will surely make the difference". Have we ever seen an injury free season ever? Forget the peripheral players - when have the 3 B's ever made it through a whole season and post season together? While we saw a glimpse of it the first two rounds of PO's this past season, fate bit them in the butt for the Championship game - one more time. Still a very nice fictional piece of journalism with a feel good ending. :rolleyes:

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I read this last year as well.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    nah not holding my breath. We been climbing up every year in the playoffs since 2014. However, i think we either 1.don't make it, or 2. don't get very far.

Ben will retire at 2 rings. Not being pessimistic but it's time to understand and realize we will never beat Tom Brady when it matters most. However, if we can get a good qb our future looks bright.

I will always bleed black and gold and I am prepared for a losing season soon.

4. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Tired of every yr the same motto- This offense can score at least 30 a game - yet the steelers arent even in the top 10. Time to start walking the walk.

5. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    We had a great season that made me proud to be a Steeler fan. Until they pulled the deer in headlights act against the Pats. Our O line broke down, our wrs were phoning it in and our D...it's hard for me to really blame the players when every idiot in the world knows that the Pats tear a soft zone defense apart.
    And our coaches made little to no adjustments in the game. I'm still a bit shell shocked at how it all went down and can't figure out why it went down that way. What the heck were Tomlin and his coaching staff thinking? How did they not have the players up to giving their best? How the heck did our guys not have themselves motivated to give their best?

And if this really was the best they could be in an AFC championship game then what the heck ? I'm not a doom and gloom the sky is falling type of guy. I know how great a ride it's been and how blessed Steeler fans have been over the years because of the incredible standard of success and organization.

But I am worried. Very worried.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Is the jury going to play in 18 games to get to the SB? These beat writers have no clue which teams will win the superbowl this year anymore than I know who will be there....

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Was this the OJ jury? :shrug: Maybe this time they actually get it right and don't prove to be the most idiotic collection of 12 human beings in the history of the cosmos. LOL!

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just read where OJ may soon be a free man - best of all - he could play himself in the next OJ docu-drama. :hehehe:

Just watched the Naked Gun (Police Squad) Trilogy this past week - and he was actually somewhat funny in those films - it's all so bizarre.