1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Wes welker average depth was around 5 yards and he consistently had 1000 yards seasons. Not impressive. More excuses to cover up juju defenciencies. And he has the same OC he had in 2018 when yall was hyping him up to be just as good as AB. And how many games did AB start after 5 seasons. You're comparing someone who played more games with more opportunities lol. And why be afraid if he goes to KC? He would fail over there remember Ben makes people.

And I dont because he should failed anyone not named Ben if Ben made him. That means he should fail with mahomes, rodgers, brady, manning etc.. remember he should be thankful for Ben LOL. Because it's just no other qbs or teams he could've went to and produced equal or probably BETTER results.. lol michael Crabtree put up 1000 yards with Carr and so did amari so to sit hear and act like AB couldn't is laughable.

2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Now it's the qbs. I thought it was BEN. If somebody makes you that means you shouldn't have success with no one else. You're supposed to look bad.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What?
    Still skirting that question....in your last 2 replies.
    LoL.
    Last time I try.
    If ab is all that great.....Why after playing with 7, or 8 different QBs has he only caught Tds by 2, and Both of them are multiple SB winners, and Hall of Famers.
    If he caught Tds by every Qb like D. Hopkins I could see your point.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Closer to 8 yards on 4 of those seasons but doesn’t matter, those plays were NE’s bread and butter, they schemed for maximum yac with their pick plays. Also Wes is probably one of the best to ever play the slot.

Maybe in your head people were saying back then that JuJu was as good as AB but in reality they were saying that he could step in as the number 1. And all I am saying now is if his production is on par with AB’s, how bad is he really?

And don’t penalize JuJu because he was good enough to get on the field sooner, it’s AB’s fault he wasn’t good enough to see more playing time.

You really aren’t getting the Ben stuff, we’re saying AB doesn’t produce those numbers without a great QB throwing to him and yes, their connection was special, WIFI, your boy said it himself. You are delusional if you think he has the same numbers if Carr was his QB his first 8 years. Yes, Crabtree and Cooper had 1,000 yard seasons and I said that’s what you could expect out of AB. Do you really think AB’s career is looked at the same way with just a bunch of 1,000 yard seasons under his belt :lolol:

JuJu proved he can put up a 1500 yard season, that’s why you’re scared of him going to KC. His situation the last 2 years has hardly been one for a player to maixime their potential. Anyone with football knowledge knows that.

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bottom line is that this clown is all butt hurt that his boy doesn't play here anymore and no one gives a damn but him. The Steeler brand and logo will be around long after AB is gone and forgotten and this causes him pain and discomfort. Good.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because hes ab's nephew, or something.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Almost zero hour.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    At least he is showing some class here. The business side allows no emotional attachment, many players who signed valid contracts were dumped because of team's money issues. Players who reach this level usually have one (sometimes two) shots to really cash in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m wondering if they will bring him back on a one year contract. From their standpoint, they brought Ben back because it gives them the best chance to win, I’m sure they also know that keeping JuJu with Ben increases those odds, why bring Ben back just to take away his most reliable weapon whom he is most familiar with. From JuJu’s standpoint, the market will almost certainly be better for him next season and will be able to cash in more. That obviously comes with some risk for him though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    if that is the strategy shouldn't they have tagged him (transition)?

11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Some of these guys that were released I can see them taking a one year option, but there are enough teams out there to make him a really serious offer. Cannot speak for him (or them), but the risk is just to high, how many players went down with 'unprovoked' ACL's last year. TJ and some other's may be tempted to wait, but for me that risk far outweighs guaranteed money in the bank.

12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It might actually be harder to bring him back on a one year deal than a multi year deal. With a multi year deal they could backload the contract and get the first year cap hit down to a couple of million. He would want at least $10m on a one year contract and it would all have to vest in 2021. That’s not doable imo.

My guess is they have told him to test the market and come back to them, if they can match what he is offered they will, otherwise he will move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He's better than Crabtree and Cooper so if they could produce 1000 yards he could produce even more. Thay was my point in mentioning them. And juju proved as a NUMBER 2 he could put up 1500 yards. Not a number 1. He failed as that. He wouldn't get that in kc on the fact he's no where near better than kelce or hill who will get the bulk of the targets. And just like shannkn sharpe said anyone who knows football knows juju was nothing hut a GLORIFIED 2. And he was the one at beginning getting on AB for calling out juju but he saw like I did that juju was overrated.

And juju got on the field sooner because he was drafted higher. Not because of being better. Look at how long artie burns and Sean Davis got chances. They were high draft picks and thus are considered big investments in the team. Ab was not a high draft pick. And talk about being good enough ab is the only other receiver in recent memory not named Hines ward that Pittsburgh made sure they didn't let get away. I dont seem them doing that for the guy on par with Antonio brown.

And if juju is that guy it should've been his bread and butter too. Why does everything have to perfectly align in order for him to produce if he's so good? And others in NE didn't produce like welker. Edelman never put up those type of numbers. Welker was just good he even did that 1 year with cassell and without brady. Boo boo isn't that guy so he can't.

And thank you for making my point. Ab could've played with numerous of other qbs and put up equal or BETTER numbers than he did. He didnt need Ben. He's a great talent who could've produced in plenty of other places.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Dhopkins played FULL SEASONS with different qbs. Ab has not. So you seriously think if he played with a non hall of famer for 16 games he's producing 0 tds? Lol come on now be serious and im speaking only to Ben becuas epeopel said he was so lucky to have Ben and had it so good like if he didn't go to numerous others team eh couldn't produce equal or better numbers. Made is what brady did for Edelman. If Edelman played for the Steelers he would not produce no where near what he did in NE.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think teams are reluctant to use the tags this season because it locks them into an average salary based on top players at the position and with very little cap space it is risky

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For sure, if someone offers him market value which is suspected to be 16 million, I think he will take it but I was speculating if he doesn’t get offers for that.

They can’t make the bulk of it a signing bonus or some other trick they do to decrease the cap hit?

lol whatever man

17. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Not if it’s a one year deal. Whatever he is paid will count against the cap in 2021.

If they look to do a 4 year deal it opens the door for all sorts of cap manipulation, they could probably get his 2021 cap hit as low as $5m, keep him for a couple of years until they have to make a decision on Claypool.

If somebody offers him something crazy in free agency he will be gone, if he doesn’t get the money he wants I think there is still a chance the Steelers do a deal with him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Looking like it’s not a good market and players are staying home. Aaron Jones re-signed with GB, too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m struggling to think of a team that is going to pay juju top dollar. Maybe somebody will, I don’t know.

This cap crunch is temporary, after 2021 the Steelers are in as good a place cap wise as anybody. If they want to keep him they can. I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t, but they can work something out if that is what both sides want.

If another team comes along and offers him WR1 money he will take it however.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    $5m would be tight. Hard to say without knowing the market and in which WR bracket he and his agent view him to reside. If the Steelers were able to negotiate a softer signing bonus I imagine his agent would bump the guaranteed salary portion of the contract, which isn't necessarily bad. Just would make it a little more difficult to sever ties before the contract's end should they need to.

21. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah $5m would be tight but just about doable, it would require more guarantees later on like you said. It would allow them to keep him, I think both sides want that, and we know Ben wants him around. I’m not as convinced as others that the group sans Juju is strong enough.

You are right about the market being a little unpredictable, I reckon the Steelers have asked him to talk to them before he signs elsewhere. I don’t think either side has closed the door.

22. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I agree, and would prefer they keep him as well. Really comes down to if another team throws down WR1 money, like you noted above.

If FootballAnalys98 were his agent we could have wrapped this up for $3.1m/year by now. Shame.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    The have other priorities, they need to keep one of Sutton or Hilton, bring back Banner etc. If they can fit Juju in then great. It would be a bit of a luxury signing considering their situation, but I hope they can figure it out.

I don’t understand the vitriol aimed at the guy, he plays hard and fights for every yard, always produces. He is one of the best slot receivers in football imo. Outside of Thomas I can’t think who is better, and some people want to run him out of town.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Same here. He may not have top line speed or height, but he fits very well where he's at. He's got the ability to get open, hands to bring most throws in, and has Hines' mentality when playing off the ball.

Like you said, he's a bit of a luxury with all things considered. But while I like Dionte and Claypool, I really like Dionte, Claypool, and JuJu. The trio makes each other better. And I think that would serve a big help to whomever takes over after Ben's departure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did it again. Never answer.