1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 22, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    ^^Post of the decade...so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are still wrong about the moving goalposts thing. Doubling down on being wrong doesn't make you right.

The only thing I changed was my claim that they should have kept Brown. I made a point of saying I had changed my mind once accusations of sexual misconduct came out. I did point out that it was information that NOBODY had at the time y'all were going on about it being a good thing they lost Brown, so it is all hindsight. If those accusations don't come out, he would be helping the Patriots with a playoff run right now. And yes, I do believe they would still be playing if they had another playmaker at receiver, an issue that hounded them all season.

That said, the accusations did happen and that tanked his season and possibly ended his career. With that information that nobody had when he was traded, it is clear through hindsight that the trade wasn't a bad idea.

You and many others refuse to admit the loss of Brown hurt this team. It did. I'm not saying it was avoidable, but there is no question that losing an elite receiver was a problem. If you want to stick your head in the sand and refuse to see it, that is your issue, not mine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I wrote that you don't want to hear any criticism of Smith-Schuster. Is calling another poster clownish really the way we are supposed to address one another here?

Fine. You criticized him. You still didn't acknowledge the decline in his play this season. It wasn't just the quarterbacks and his own injuries. It was also the loss of Brown and Smith-Schuster's inability to handle being the No. 1.

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I wish business was still boomin, for ABs sake.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I called what you said clownish because it was. You are just embarrassed that I pointed out a mistake of yours.

Your whining is really unbecoming.

I'm done here. Im sure you will come back with some silly inaccurate quip because I'm fairly sure you have never walked away from a conversation. Getting the last word is kind of your thing.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not embarrassed at all, but I'm also not the one who resorted to a rude response. You can't let negative posts about Smith-Schuster's play this season go without making excuses for him. That was my point and I'm absolutely correct.

The bit about getting the last word is just a dishonest message-board game. You know there is a flaw in the point you made, so you hope some fifth-grade reverse psychology will keep the other person from pointing it out.

You insisted Smith-Schuster would be fine as a No. 1. You were wrong. Many posters on this board insisted losing Brown wouldn't hurt the team. Everyone who posted that was clearly wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Your main basis of why he wasnt good was because of several other factors and not his ability as a palyer to produce.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Losing brown didnt hurt the the steelers but losing brown's production hurt them? WHAT? His productivity IS HIM.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I believe the logic there is that getting rid of his off-field bull**** is more valuable than his production. I don't buy that logic for a second, but that seems to be the thinking.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You don't even know the context of what you are commenting on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I see you mentioning MOSTLY everything else except what juju didnt do because of juju.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He's gonna catch Jerry Rice, haven't you heard? :roflmao:

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Part of it. Get his attitude out of the locker-room makes more sense.
    AB doesn't buy anything either, he stiffs the bill. Many, many, many lawsuits some possibly criminal.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude, conversation is over and you have no idea what you are talking about regarding the post you quoted.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    All time? No it was already too late for that but he did have a better 6 year stretch than any receiver in nfl history.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I had a convo with you and I see yous till talking about everything else except juju.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're walking back into convo that is already 8 pages long that you and I already took part in and want to rekindle it.

Do you think there is anything new to say? :facepalm:

JuJu has some drop issues and trouble securing the ball in big spots. Those are my criticisms of him, may not be enough for you but too freaking bad.

18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    And 10 years from now people will be saying AB, who was that?

19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    For the record JuJu dont have herpes... GO JUJU!!!