1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Damn I have to find out how to edit. I thought that it was unusual for Bouchette to go after a current Steelers like that.

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ain't heard that clip but it would not surprise if true... Different games and mentalities this age. I do know JuJu seems genuine but if he ain't for reals, it will come to light indisputably and eventually.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Someone asked if juju would be like AB and everyone disagreed.

Time will tell lol

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Losing Brown helped the Steelers. Don't throw his past offensive production in my face because Moncrief hurt the Steelers as well as Smith-Schuster this year. We didn't lose Brown, he left. Didn't want to help the Steelers after they made & payed him to be their #1. Your false narrative is pure speculation both on his ability to help this year & that Smith-Schuster needs him to be productive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He would never be like AB but he could put up similiar #s if we went back in time & had him replace AB in the force it to me role.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    My point is, the issue with drops got worse. He had 100 more targets last season than he has this year, which means even the same number of drops would be a bigger issue because he is getting the ball a lot less. His catch percentage went down. Also, do you ever remember him dropping one in a clutch situation like last week? I don't think that was an issue before.

They didn't just miss Brown's production this season. They missed the way defenses had to respect him. They clearly didn't have to respect Smith-Schuster that way. I get that some people will never admit that the loss of Brown hurt the 2019 team, but it clearly did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is nothing false about it. The offense was a disaster this season and quarterback was only one reason. They spent half the season trying to get consistency from any receiver. Nobody on this team is close to Brown's level, at least not yet.

It is absolutely ridiculous to claim losing Brown helped, especially after seeing the offense turn into such a disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hopkins with Brian hoyer had 111,1521, and 11 tds. Lol he was considered an elite top 5 receiver before Deshaun was even in the nfl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And you didnt respond to any of the other claims as to why those other receivers balled out without their elite level QBs and juju could not.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    One needs to take into account how AB reacts to not having the stats he is capable of. Not a pretty picture of a player that helps his team by what he brings. Let's not add the variables that would destroy ones fantasy of helping the team that he doesn't want to play for, ok. Let's base our assumptions on what he did with Ben forcing him the ball, makes about as much sense as Tomlin developing a offensive system on his own that rivaled Bill Walsh.

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Do you think he is not capable or is he not focused on football because he wants an allpro throwing him the ball? Did he kinda give up when Ben went down? Does he need adversity to learn how to better his game like AB did? Is he a diva or allpro in the making? Let's see how he responds because greatness isn't about not falling down but how you pick yourself back up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You have some good arguments for why it’s too soon to give up on JuJu as a star in the making. Saying Hopkins was not great without Watson isn’t one of them. See 2015 with Brian Hoyer and no other significant receiving threat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Hopkins is pretty damn good, comparable to AB imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    JuJu=AB 2.0 :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not true, most of us are just saying let's wait and see how that plays out when Ben is under center before making definitive claims.

Great, but you were referencing the season with Yates and Savage. He had a great game with Savage but was very pedestrian in other games.

You guys keep mentioning QBs that are far better than Hodges and Rudolph. Also show me where anyone ever said JuJu was as good as Jones and Hopkins. All JuJu has to do is produce like a number 1 WR to be considered one. He doesn't have to be AB, Hopkins or Jones.

See above. Talking about Yates and Savage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hes the best wr in the
    Um those guys I mentioned are what you call number 1 wrs. Number 1 wrs are guys capable of producing regardless who is at qb and in 2015 I mentioned hoyer because he started in the playoffs but Brandon weeden, ryan mallet, and Yates all started multiple games that year in 2015. I said nothing about Tom savage. And the year before they in 2014 he had 1200 yards. Not pedestrian lol. And lol none of those guys I mentioned are far better than duck and Mason Rudolph.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I love JuJu and I believe he’ll rebound, but for whatever reason/ excuse he’s been very disappointing this season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed, he just needs someone to get the ball TO him. Not high, low, behind...….

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When you mentioned musical QB's but not the year, thought you were talking about 2017 because that would most resemble what JuJu experienced. Savage was the other part of that duo with Yates after Watson went down. 5 out of 8 games, Hopkin didn't break a 100 yards with Yates and Savage.

2015, Hoyer played most of that season.

Hodges and Rudolph were awful, you lose all credibility if you try and pass them off as good as the QB's you mentioned. If Hopkins had trouble breaking 100 yards with Yates and Savage, how would he ever do it with Hodges and Rudolph.

QB play can sink any WR. The only WR that seems to be immune to it is Larry Fitzgerald and he's probably better than all the guys you mentioned.

20. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    The first time i watched Holmes return a punt i saw a star...

The first time i watched AB return a punt i saw a star..

I never thought that about JuJu.. I dont think hes a number 1..and theres nothing wrong with that.. Plenty of number 2 WRs are stars and help teams win games all the time...

21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Now how do you feel about Johnson?

Could Diontae Johnson become a living memorial to coach Drake?

A lot of haters were rioting around Steeler nation when Drake chose Johnson. Now just imagine what his numbers could have been with Ben throwing him the ball!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  22. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Juju blows worse than a hairdryer. Has he ever come up with a clutch play? As far as I'm concerned, he is third on the depth chart next year behind Johnson and Washington. Both have shown way more this year than Juju, who has completely disappeared when the team has needed him most. Even Mr. Glass, James Conner, has contributed more this season than Juju.

• Like Like x 1
  23. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Or right on his hands when the game is on the line. Because if he had an opportunity to be clutch and the ball was delivered right to him, he would definitely catch it. And if he had the ball with the game on the line he certainly wouldn't fumble it away. And he most definitely wouldn't cry like some overgrown baby when he let his team down.

Wait...he actually DID drop catchable balls when the game was on the line and fumble away games and cry like a little ***** when he felt the weight of failing on his shoulders.

What he needs is to grow up and start producing.

I think his biggest problem is that he began to believe the hype and is now realizing that his success was because AB drew attention away from him.

AB isn't the only reason our offense sucks this year, but he most definitely is one of them.

24. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    The entire team has struggled with drops all year. Johnson actually has more recorded drops this year than Juju.

As far as production is concerned, we have had 9 games where our collective QBs haven’t broken 200 yards. There are another handful of games where we didn’t break 225 or 250. The QB play has been atrocious.

I don’t think it would have made much of a difference to have AB. In some ways I am glad we parted ways before the season. I can’t imagine he would have handled the adversity well....

• Winner Winner x 2
  25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steeler-dane

Stepping up and accepting responsibility is all fine and dandy but he has now cost us two games this season which I pointed out in my Thread I created: "Who is to mostly blame for our losses this season". He has had a sub-par season compared to last year. No where even near close. Several reasons most likely which include: injuries and the being the beneficiary of AB receiving double and sometimes even triple coverage. I did watch some film on him from last year the other day. He was fighting and contesting for balls thrown his way and winning many of those battles. Not so much this year. I knew there would be a adjustment period without AB. However, it seems he has still not figured it out yet.

I think that once the QB situation stabilizes, and hopefully it is Ben for next season, that JuJu, Washington and Johnson will all compliment one another, build a strong chemistry as a 3-Set Wide Receiver crew and each will be able to tap into their strengths both individually and collectively. However, we've needed him all season, including today, where he needs to come up big as of right now.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid