1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Sep 10, 2017.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe we make him inactive and let Hunter play. Put AB in the Slot and Bryant and Hunter on the outside.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    JuJu has to get better. Simple as that and nothing more to it either.

Hopefully he can rebound.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would have DHB ahead of JuJu this week . JuJu is the more talented guy , but he is not ready mentally . We need the players on the field this week that can help the most .At least BHB brings more speed and a lot better blocking .

I have no problem with DHB getting no snaps on O as long as it doesn't hurt the Team .Playing him over DHB is a mistake at this point .

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You have got to be kidding me, I like DHB but he in no way brings more value to the team than JU JU. Smith Shuster is twice the player that DHB
    is already and he is only in his 10th week of professional football.

Side note, I wanted safety/ CB help in the 2nd rd. Steelers didn't deliver this to me. But Swanny did deliver a very good WR. And we had to have a back up plan if MB gets suspended for life.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    DHB had his own mental error on ST's. no call for all these penalties. :cool:

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    True.

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he would be a lot better as a blocker and his speed could help create more space for others .As stated skill wise I agree Juju is much better , but I don't think he is ready mentally .

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sucks we picked a WR in round 2 when we had Ayers, Hamilton and Coates. I understand ditching Coates with all of his finger problems, but Ayers and Hamilton were sufficient #4 or #5 WRs on the depth chart. IMHO, the JuJu pick was a million times more offensive than the Landry Jones pick a few years back or the Josh Dobbs pick this year. I hope he proves me and a lot of other people wrong and becomes a great WR for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Based on preseason and week one i fail to see how JuJu is more talented. I didn't like the pick...but I'm now his biggest fan...I want to see him become a great WR but his play has been so far below the line if he was not a 2nd round pick he would not have even made the team IMO

He needs to improve his play ASAP or he needs to sit and watch till mid season and then try again

HACK

10. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    pretty sure the sideline was yelling for him to get down. A fumble there or a turnover would have given the browns the ball and a chance to tie or win the game. As far as who is better, JuJu or DHB...its not even a topic of discussion. DHB made this team by default and we lost some talented players because of it. DHB does not belong on this team because he makes 6 tackles on ST or because he throws 20 blocks this year. I dont see his value and I think we made a big mistake keeping him. JuJu will either get it or he wont, but his talent is way better than Bey.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

Based on what? 2 holding calls and 4 yards on a kick return..Thats his NFL resume.

DHB is hands down a better player until JuJu changes that on the field...and that has not happened yet.

HACK

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Did Coates actually play Sunday? I don't even remember seeing him.

13. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    based on talent and upside alone. Bey is at his peak, JuJu is starting to realize he has more potential. JuJu is a much better athlete hands down, all Bey has on him right now is experience and speed. I believe JuJu will be a great player for this team for years to come, thats my opinion based on what I see of the two. Bey must be a Tomlin favorite otherwise I cant see wastin a roster spot on a guy who contributes so little in the grand scheme of a season.

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ju Ju is coming around. He's got to get mentally tougher on catching balls in traffic. Which when you in the slot is a must.

15. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I honestly would sit Eli Rogers down this week dress Hunter and put Ju Ju in the slot.

HACK

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    First, which game were you watching?

From the official stats, he has not been targeted yet and it looks (if I can tell right) that he only got on the field in game 2. Funny thing is the Cleveland paper says their receivers are abysmal, and yet he can't get playing time.

17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    How times have changed lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I started reading this thread and was thinking WTF??!?!?!?! until i noticed the dates... well played necro :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow, what a great conversation! Where was this last week when people were saying Ben wouldn't even be able to throw the ball without him on the field as he was so important to the offense.

20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Me too. I was excited for a minute because I thought BFT had re-joined the fray! Then I saw that his post was from September.

21. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For some reason I was wondering the other day where BFT's been

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He checked out after the V and the tunnel episode methinks.