1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu likely gone next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We had Bryant coates AB Wheaton and did nothing

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is a lot of territory between an extremely valuable piece of the offense and the straw that stirs the drink. Of course, losing Roethlisberger hurt more, but some people are really desperate to blot out Brown's greatness because they don't like him. I don't like him, either, but I'm not going to ignore that he was the best receiver in the game for years.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You write that as if those guys were great. Bryant was great at times, but he was also erratic. Coates had a run of less than half of a season in which he was useful, then became useless. Wheaton was a nice complementary piece and nothing more.

This team has something that was missing when Brown was in his prime. It has a defense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The loss of Ben and all the other numerous injuries hurt way more than anything else.

If Ben stayed healthy last year, we would have been saying AB who???

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd still argue his departure helped the Steelers. He wanted out & worked hard at getting it. Steelers recovered & AB went on to hurt another franchise trying to win a SB. That's 2 so far since his mirror, mirror on the wall stance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Can’t argue with that. Nowadays a team needs to be balanced to have a shot. Time will tell where we end up.

7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm not desperate or blotting. He was the best receiver in the game for years. We agree on that. But part of his greatness, as I pointed out, was his connection with Ben. Claypool would not have emerged as he has this season if he he'd been drafted last year and tried to catch balls from the deer and the duck.

Now, please understand that I'm not saying that this is all Ben. I'm just saying that their connection was what made them so dangerous. AB would not have produced like he did under most of the other qb's. It was a perfect storm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    In other words, we had AB.