1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu likely gone next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I’ve seen it several times in here that “JuJu” didn’t have those first two years by accident. And no he didn’t. He also had a healthy Ben AND AB on the other side. You can’t blame the season totally on him because last year the QB play was so awful. But we also saw week 17 of the year before. JuJu still has to prove he’s a number one WR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It's facts lol

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    ?

4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Everybody seems to think Washington is going to be the man this year. Praise seems to be coming from everyone that has seen him in camp this year.

He may be jumping all the way up to our #1 this year.

#1 in yds and yds/Rec last year for the Steelers. AND, #9 in the NFL for Yds/Rec (16.9) with Mason and Duck throwing to him last year; Waite until Ben starts throwing at him this year!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Because, with Ben back we need an AB on the field.

A guy that is going to out run, out hustle, and be able to reach up and take the ball away from the defender when Ben throws one of his deep jump balls.

AB was that guy, and I think Washington is going to be able to take over that roll this year.

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    maxresdefault.jpg

NVSKKKKXBZBLVOP7DNI6FL4XL4.jpeg

2033657_web1_AP_19336694967326.jpg

ET69dmFX0AEsOXy.jpg

Washington better bring his a game. I see Claypool taking his spot in the rotation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ok sure

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm:

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    :shrug:

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk about that

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    :shrug:

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Like I said it was about the suspension. Funny how a week before hes eligible you hear teams want to sign him.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably why you don't make big bucks as a gm. AB hasn't caught a pass this year. On the other hand he hasn't diverted a teams attention from playing football this year. Looks like that second part is changing. Going to a good team might help them or it might derail progress up to that point. I'd like to see him be the guy that helps the Jets. :roflmao: We have the luxury of watching it unfold.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    We have to wait and see. I got him in half the season putting up better numbers than juju in 16 games.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I have both on my fantasy team. Hope your right but he's lagging behind so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    low base salaries, with bonuses.
    can big ben restructure, to keep the team together?

17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    IDK how these things go for the most part, but my understanding is the current contract has pretty much restructured to its fullest extent. The end result is what you see and all that cash is what is owed. Can he/they extend the current contract, certainly. Will he take less, I mean way less to allow the team to make at least offers that will at least be compelling for others to sign? That is question only time will tell. With the Cap figure likely set to decrease and the team already very far in the red for that number it is highly unlikely they will be able to compete guys who will command big numbers. I think there is something like 13 unrestricted FA'a from the team next year. Naturally not every one will be resigned, some may retire, others little interest to re-sign, some will get little interest on the open market.

Beyond that they need to address TJ sooner than later. He has outplayed his current contract and is (to me) the most important one to keep.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015

He needs the money. When you need to finance a rap career, tik tok dance sensation classes and being a clothing line designer their is not much time for football. Word has it he has an agent and is casting for a part in the Young and the Restless.

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben has only one int this year. No brown wanting the ball... 5-0

Coincidence I think not

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ben can’t restructure his current deal, they would have to extend him. A one year extension could get his cap hit down to $31m approx for 2021. A two year extension (more likely imo) brings it down to $28m approx.

They may choose to move on from veteran players like Haden and Decastro in order to clear more space. Cutting or trading that two alone saves $16m. Ebron $6m, Vance $5m etc. That’s not particularly appealing but it’s an option. You could also restructure or extend them.

There are several ways that they can clear space to keep some of these young guys if that is what they want to do. Then you can structure the players being re-signed to deals that backload the majority of the cap charges to the future when the cap has hopefully rebounded.

A good draft again in 2021 would be a huge help. They will have some holes to fill but I don’t think the roster will be gutted the way some people seem to be fearing.

I’d be happy to give Ben another two year deal and if he doesn’t play the last year of it then so be it.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger threw plenty of interceptions before Brown even became a Steeler. Some of y'all need to just stop. Brown is a disaster now, but anybody who thinks this team wasn't hurt by his departure isn't just deeply in denial, they are drowning in it.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We were hurt... and now we aren’t lol. How are we hurt now? 5-0 and scoring over 30 ppg. Im not even sure we scored that much with brown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Were we hurt? Yeah. But not a lot. Our receivers severely underwhelmed and our running game was atrocious. The lack of offense wasn't simply because AB wasn't around. He was not the straw that stirred the drink.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    AB was an absolute superstar in Pittsburgh, not only one of the best receivers in the league but one of the best players outright. I think he was better than Julio.

Of course his departure was a blow, but the way 2019 turned out with Bens injury I’m not sure how much difference he would have made quite honestly. He is better than any receiver on the roster now as well but I think he would completely upset the chemistry and stymie these young guys if he was still a Steeler.

He is in the rear view mirror now and we move on

• Agree Agree x 1