1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu likely gone next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Why are we still talking about AB?

Dude's dead to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I'm a big Juju fan but it's fine and I totally get it. I'd pay two or three other players, especially on defense, before him.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Odd. He said some things years back and all of us watching (Steeler fans) agreed he was bad mouthing us.

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The league only did that to Ray Rice due to public backlash, the video he had of him doing what he did to his wife for the whole world to see, and again that was an off the field issue which is exactly the reason I said AB isn't signed. They had no choice witj ray rice if due to thay video. If you had a video of AB doing what he was alleged to do then he'd be done as well. You have a pending trail in Ab's case. Anyways,You were talking about what he did lockeroom wise in pittsburgh and Oakland for why he's not signed.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I didnt say juju wouldn't get paid. I said the Steelers should offer him the max since he's a good guy and he's always available eligibility wise. I know someone else will pay him im talking about the steelers.

And youre talking about AB then. AB now is not getting anything over the vet minumum or maybe a little more with some incentives thrown in. And he was traded to Oakland. Gurantee he wouldn't have went there if he was on the open market and Pittsburgh was never going to trade him to NE or Baltimore even. He didn't get much from NE and signed there. Why? Cause they offered an opportunity at a ring. Seattle, bmore, NO, etc.. all the teams hes been connected to all are contending for a chip. Thats the only reason to sign him at this point. If he can help you get over the hump. And tom brady, lamar, russell Wilson etc.. have all public campaigned for their teams to sign him. I dont think they'd be endorsing him if they didn't think he wanted a ring especially Tom brady.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not wrong. Your logic and pretty much everyone on this board logic. Player x is a better "person" than player z so player x is the better football player.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Please don't put kaeprnick in that convo. While I stand with him for what he stood for, he was like Tebow. A backup is not worth he media distraction for a team. You're only worth extra if your talent is goodenough to help the team get far with wins. Which is what ABs is. In his short amount of time hes had more workouts with teams than those other 2 you just mentioned. Again his problem is eligibility. Whatever amount of money you want to put up I guarantee IF hes cleared legally someone will pick him up. Obviously if he isn't cleared his career is done but the jury is still out on his off the field investigatings . Reid got a chance to play again so idk why you mentioned him but he didnt play well though when he did.

8. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My point exactly! JuJu did not have those first two seasons by accident. He had the talent to put up those numbers. Having AB opposite of him sure did not hurt. JuJu had injuries last season which did not help getting acclimated to a new QB as well as no All-Pro receiver lining up on the other side. While in Oakland, we all know the story, but AB was also upset Oakland signed Tyrell Williams who they had high hopes for. I'm sure he felt it was lining up to be another experience having JuJu on the other side again. I really don't believe AB is chasing a ring at this point. He was only after the pay day. I think him signing with NE was more about flipping off Pittsburgh than the money. Having TB as your QB may not have hurt either. Julian Edelman was not a threat to AB. He has had 3 - 1,000 yard seasons in 10 seasons. Bottom line is, if JuJu becomes a free agent and teams have a choice between JuJu and AB during 2021 free agency,... I guarantee JuJu would be the first off the board. I think he will also command a higher pay than AB.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No, no I wasn't. Keep spinning!

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You obviously were dropped on your head repeatedly as a child.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Come on Glenn, attack the post, not the poster. There are plenty of holes in our young analyst’s logic to go after without getting personal.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Seriously, unless your IQ is over 145, which I will allow as a possibility since I don’t know you, you made a very foolish statement.

Note: I picked 145 because it is 3 standard deviations to the right (good side).

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you online or in classroom?

Practicing?

I assume your team isn’t playing a regular schedule?

Please remind me of your position?

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Online completely. My schools season is cancelled. 2020 has been the worst year of my life.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Its facts. They do this to any player who they feel didnt bow down to the team. Like at how yall talk about Harrison who helped bring this team number 6. Smh.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So then what else where you ralking about in egads to mentioning oakland and pitt? Because his off the field issues didn't arise until NE.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    More B.S.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't believe I "ralked" about Oakland or Pitt but, ya quit on your team and show up for practice in a helicopter, those are issues. Egads, man!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's not off the field issues.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I've seen it with multiple players. When bell did what he did conner literally got the most votes in the pro bowl just because the fans felt bell shunned the team. Once AB did what he did everyone ignored him having the best 6 year stretch in hsitory theu tried to hype juju for being a better person and teamate. Same thing with James Harrison even though he was lied to by the team. Whoever breaks their back for the organization is whoever you support.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If JuJu falls on his face again this year and repeats his 2019 numbers 552 yds and 3 Tds, do you really think teams will be lining up to sign him next year?

If Clay comes on strong JuJu could quickly find himself the odd man out and on the sideline for a lot of the game.

JuJu must put up monster numbers right out of the gate or he is going to find himself buried on the depth chart.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Good question!!

I have not the foggiest.

24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Spend all that money, send your kids to school and all they do is eat the teacher......

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Um no. JuJu only falls to the #2 if Claypool is the shizzle. Washington will be the guy benched for Claypool.