1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu likely gone next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 5, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thats also true, but can he be in the top 10 percent if he applies that AB work ethic? I think he could. Father time gets us all and AB is no exception but I also know he would still do AB things on a football field as well.

Edit: I saw him listed during our draft Blast and I was seriously weighing the options late in the draft. Pick him up and let him sit till his suspension was over. It was tempting.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not sure what this word does for you......

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ray Rice. Teams don't care how you act? Only in your world.................and Oakland/Vegas

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t see a reason why he can’t still be an elite receiver on the field for another year or two. His game is based more on skill and work ethic than measurables. It’s bizarre to me that a guy can be such an amazingly dedicated worker, yet be a complete head case off the field. I think he can easily get a job. However, I don’t think anyone will give him much in guarantees because of the baggage.

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Money is not the main thing to him? Are you stoned? Money is the first thing he worries about, 1A is his self love. If it was all about a ring, then why did he go to Oakland? I'll give you 30 million reasons why. He ran himself out of Oakland probably because he realized that while he was looking at that big stack of money, he didn't consider how he was going to get his 100 touches and 1,500 yards out of that offense. It's been clear to anyone with a chromosome governing discretion that AB is worried about AB and AB's money. Not winning, not adoration and certainly not camaraderie. If the moron had any respect for anyone other than himself then he wouldn't treat woman in particular and people in general like trash. I'm not disputing whether or not he can still play and probably play at a high level. But, I think your delusional about what motivates AB.

As far as JuJu, he's going to get paid no matter what happens this year other than, God forbid, a serious injury. I'll wish him nothing but the best other than when he plays the hometown Steelers and move on.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Roonatic picked him up!

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know that you’re not very good at this right? It must be pretty sad to be wrong as often as you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I was referring to one in particular. That said, you are not wrong about all three. Hopefully that potential turns into production.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I know you’re talking about Mapletron ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    You have some kind of weird obsession with that man.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    And, maybe, the only guy in the world without spell check!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm just glad the NBC doesn't have that 1st game because you just know that Collinsworth is waiting for a chance to say "wow Bug Ben just cut to the Chase there!" Cringe worth my daughter says.

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am as well. Granted, I have to give your daughter credit for noticing how cringe worthy Cris is sometimes. However, for me, if there is anything to be taken away from the very first game of the season, it is the lack of fundamentals.

That said, both teams looked like they settled down a bit in the second half. Even so, I am just glad that Pittsburgh was not first up at bat. As much as I do like the Steelers chances, I do not think that taking on Kansas City this early warrants any major benefit at present.

Having Big Ben get up to speed will help in the long run when and/or if we meet them; the defense to.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Speaking of Colinsworth I was listening to the PFF season preview podcast a few days ago and he is tipping the Steelers to make the Superbowl. Not sure if that is a good or a bad omen

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No... Character and what kind of teammate you are also is a BIG factor...*Insert Kaperdick, Reid, AB...

Talent, No doubt he is great but, His talent doesn't outweigh ALL the other crap and, There is a **** ton!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    OK... comparing AB's deviant behavior and quitting on his team the protests of athletes who take a stand (or a knee) for a cause that they believe in is way off base, whether or not you agree with their cause. Can you really not see that?

18. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Uhhhhhhh,Nobody has signed them...Some people still believe in Patriotism, and standing for the Flag...You wanna take that stance, It's the chance you take

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    From what I can tell Collingsworthless hates the Steelers. He said it once years ago as a Bengals player and it carried over into the broadcast booth. Probably picks us just to curse us.

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Colin Kaepernick is a lousy QB. Eric Reid got a 3 year, $22 million contract with the Panthers last offseason (after the protesting), and stunk so bad that he made Ryan Mundy look like a god in comparison. The protesting certainly had some impact on some players' marketability early on, but that passed. Plenty of players kneeled a few years ago and suffered no consequences to their marketability (Von Miller, Justin Houston, Travis Kelce, Mike Evans, Jordan Reid, Alvin Kamara, etc.).

21. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Those players were ALREADY playing though...And besides that were also great players! Jap and Reid are not, We do do agree...

The only point I was trying to make was... You're already unemployed AND have multiple red flags, and not lockeroom friendly... Why sign them!

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Funny, my wife and both comment on how much Collingsworth seems to like the Steelers. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yet he tried arguing the use of the English language with Scribe?

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    We can agree that both type of behavior have affected players' marketability, but behaviors like AB's will always be a red flag affecting marketability (look at Ray Rice). The activities of Kaepernick, Reid and others were a short term flag because of the controversy at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    You know when Drew rosenhaus throws you to the curb you have issues. I mostly stayed out of ABs personal life until he dissed the Steelers organization and more insulting taking jabs at the fan base who supported him all those years.

• Like Like x 1