1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu has it together

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No helicopter entrance for him, just going to work. Love this kids attitude.

Can't wait to see what he does this season. To coin a phrase, JuJu is going to be lit!

• Like Like x 4
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I only have one problem with JUJU and it dates to the last game of last year. The Steelers beat the Bengals and 50,000 fans remained in the stands watching Mayfield march down the field possibly giving the Steelers a playoff birth. As everyone watched this improbability unfold there sat JJSS alone all by himself watching on the big screen intensely as well as all other players, staff and fans alike. Nobody around him and no disturbances. Lots of people noticed this and pointed it out to one another. It was about to be a miracle that the Browns can somehow pull it off. Some how, the Steelers with a roller coaster of a season were going to make the playoffs after all. Chants of Here we go Browns, Here we go, and Baker Mayfield, Duh, Duh....Duh Duh Duh! Repeat:ACK!: were echoing all over the stadium and then I glance down and suddenly JJSS ran from Midfield to go join of all things 2 Bengals players in the corner of the North end zone right below me just as Mayfield on a 4th down throws the ensuing season ending INT.

Ughhhhh. I have a strong belief in jinxes when it comes to sports and that one I will not forget for a long time.

Love JUJU but I wish players wouldn't be all buddy buddy with the opposing teams so much. Can't see Swanny doing that back in the day as most CB's hated him.

I hope JJSS has a great season but it will definitely be more challenging without AB.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    By all accounts in the 2 practices so far with out pads Juju has elevated his game. Moncrief has also caught everything thrown his way and Washington is looking like he is ready. Juju has even said he will relish the role of drawing dbl coverage if it opens up the passing lanes for the others. If Vanimal stays healthy this could be a dangerous passing attack.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm confident JuJu will have a great season and be a top receiver for years to come. He has all the tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The young man can play.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    DJ, conner, samuels, eli, switzer. We have given Ben quality hands from the first read until the last read. No excuses for the offense to fail. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    JuJu seems to have his head on straight so far but so did AB entering his 3rd season. If JuJu ups his game and still maintains his attitude he'll surpass Ward as our most loved receiver. Im just hoping that fame and fortune doesn't turn him into a diva as it has to so many others before him.n

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I also remember AB being humble in the beginning, AB would put out positive quotes on social media, then he turned into the biggest diva ever :shrug:. Let's wait and see in a few years when JuJu is up for a contract extension.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    These are very true but remember even during that time there were hints that AB's humbleness might not be genuine. The Young money Crew thing that he never distanced himself from, Clark's opinion about him and so on. So there were signs that he could potentially become a diva and really as long as he was producing we as fans gave him lots and lots of rope. I don't see the same things in Juju right now. He is a kid having fun and sharing the goodwill that his life in football has given him. If he does begin to lose it I will be surprised

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It is no longer necessary for me to like the players in order to root for them, but it sure makes it more enjoyable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This. Clark said he was that way from day one. The fans just didn't learn of it until his ego swelled to mammoth proportions and couldn't be contained anymore.

I don't need to take a wait and see approach, the kid is genuine.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Concur with Blast about JuJu being genuine. If there were any major signs that pointed towards a self righteous behavior, last season would have been too tempting for any upcoming diva to take advantage given the current crash course the team was heading with Antonio Brown in addition to how tumultuous the season went. Nothing of the sort transpired with JuJu. Therefore, little to no worry those traits pop up this season from my end.

I am a lot less worried about JuJu having bad anything. I am a lot more concerned with a player who has yet to perform; Bud Dupree. Is eight sacks that MUCH to ask from a First Round Pick?!