1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Gordon as a Steeler?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    We've already dealt with players and drug problems. There's news that his agent is asking around about interest. Think he would cost very little with his history. So AB, Bryant, and Gordon lining up together would be impossible to stop. I say at least look into him and give him a incentive laden contract. It would be a good pickup with very little cost or worry. If he fails another drug test cut him which will be in his contract. Who likes this idea?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Great talent but do we need another player with poor judgement?

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We've already got a Josh Gordon. Why would we want another one?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If you want a Brown's castoff, go for Pryor.

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Eddie Murphy voice
    GIT THE FU*K OUTTA HERE!

7. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I'd be OK with it. The guy is a major talent when motivated. Maybe being on a winning culture with successful players and coaches would rub off. Give him a prove it deal and go for it.

8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If, and that is a really really really big if, the guy wants to get himself right, the Steelers are one of the few places he could do it. That being said, he is going to have a hard time getting reinstated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe he and Bryant can be roommates on the road.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Here's a question.

There seem to be a fair few calls around the board to sign a WR. Is this because there are big names on the market (more so than other positions), or do people genuinely think we have gaps in our receiving corps (over and above other positions)?

I'm genuinely interested.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm guessing it's because of the question marks around any receiver on our roster not names AB. I think many are not convinced that Bryant will be able to keep clean. Some think that the Coates that we saw last year after he broke his fingers is the real Coates, and the productive deep threat we saw before the broken hand was a fluke. Some don't see the value in Rogers and Ayers because they were both first year players last year and had some growing pains. I don't think we're bad off at the position, but outside of AB we are lacking proven, veteran talent at the position (DHB's special teams and blocking ability aside). I don't necessarily want to sign a vert and push down one of those other guys, but I also have to admit that a big part of our scoring problem late last season seemed to be a lack of consistent cohesion between Ben and any of the other receivers besides AB. In my view the solution is a full offseason with the guys that we have, but it's not guaranteed to work.

12. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think Steel Elvis says it about right. The WR core is much better if Coates comes back to the guy we saw the first 5 games, something I'm not sure can happen based on reports about his fingers. If Bryant comes back, we really don't know what he is capable of after a year away from the game. I'm not sure I want to go into the season with these question marks. There just isn't enough impact guys. Rogers and Ayers, even Hamilton, are all guys I like to play a role, but I don't think they are good enough to pull double teams away from AB.

13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    This. I've been calling for a vet WR. I think it's a buyers market and I'd only grab one if we could get one cheap... but I think we could. We've had great success drafting WRs but really, after AB, who do you trust as a #2 for 2017? Bryant is a monster on the field but he has to stay on the field. Coates and DHB are good depth. Eli is a good slot guy. I feel like, despite all the WR talent we've drafted, we were short on WRs last season. The question marks around Green/TE also factor in here.

That said, I'd want Jeffrey or Marshall or someone like that. I'd pass on Gordon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Imagine the smokers circle between Gordon Bryant bell and maybe brown lol

15. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Sure lets sign Josh Gordon, and also get Johnny football in to be our backup QB.

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  17. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Just think he would be cheap cause of exactly what you're saying above. It's not a stretch to give him a contract with stipulations in it. If he works out we have a 3 #1 receivers on the same line. If he doesn't workout cut him.

18. Jmos3

Jmos3 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    With Brandon Marshall set to hit free agency, I'd like for them to check his price tag. Though I imagine it's going to be beyond what they are willing to pay.

19. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I think in this case is just a guy with tons of talent that has been a train wreck on a lousy team that could be a lottery pick on a ridiculously cheap deal for a salary cap strapped team that was one game from the superbowl. I wouldn't mortgage the future for him but if he regains his form from 2-3 years ago and can lay off the bong that would be a heck of an upgrade across from Antonio.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No Thanks, he has had his chances and blew it in the NFL.

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    One or both of them would not make it out of St. Vincent's.:shrug:

22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    spock.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why not ? We might as well tank until Brady retires ..Let them boyz smoke and toke all they want...

24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
  25. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011